Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Living nightmare

Living nightmare

Being anxious and depressed is a nightmare isnt it?!

I was full of dreams to run my own business, settle down etc but my doctor has said that is all on the back burner.

She said running a business and working for yourself is, along with teaching and nursing one of the most stressful things out there. She said of course there are people who can deal with whatever life throws at them but you aint one.

I cannot imagine working all day feeeling like I am, then having to go and give someone an estimate , then going out for a swim, fitting in my fishing which I find relaxing, how on earth do people structure their lives.

What I know for certain is at the moment I am in a bad way and in no real position to do much at all, I am taking sertraline and I hope for some relief, best of luck to all of you beautiful people who suffer.

Frankie

i Frankie,
    sorry you are feeling so rough right now. It is very hard work being anxious, but recovering and doing all of the things you want, can be achieved, as i'm sure many people will come along and confirm. I personally, have 'suffered' for many years, in the meantime, i have been married for 27 years, brought up for children,worked, (not my own business)run a large house, cooked cleaned etc...so what i am trying to say, however awful you are feeling now, things can and will improve, and you can reach your dream. I am sorry your doctor seemed so negative. All through our lives things will be flung at us, and most of the time, we have to cope...Once the med. have kicked in, things will seem a little brighter, concentrate on getting better, it is a gradual process, but it can be done, take care and please keep in touch.

**my doctor has said that is all on the back burner.**

How dare she be so presuming and negative. If my GP had said that when I had been acute I'd either have hit her or walked out. The latter I hope.

I agree that whilst we're unwell its not the time to start more stressfull things and is a time to collect our thoughts, review lifestyle etc.
    I know of at least one person on here who actually did just that- started up his own business just post anx and is doing very well indeed. Was better than being at everyones beck and call.

You keep your dreams and do something every single day to move closer to them - a phone call or bit of research will do nicely.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I don't think I would be too impressed with the doctor telling me that basically I wasn't up to doing stuff!

We all manage to fit as much as we can into our lives and we know our limits so we don't push ourselves too hard to begin with but to be told that it is a non-starter will not do your confidence any favours.

I would decided what you want to do and start making small steps towards achieving it.

Good luck - you can do it ok?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thanks all, I think, to be fair to her , was I wasnt very well AT THE MOMENT, at least I think thats what she meant.

I do howver agree to some extent lowering expectations for a while is a good idea, for example a friend of mine runs his own building firm, the thought of filling in receipts, tax returns, quoting etc fills me with fear.

I do a bit of work for a friend which is far less stressful but I am a qualified city and guilds tradesman in decorating, I know people who are useless at their job, use the wrong materials etc and grossly overcharge people but because of their confidence they are a success.

I am in South Wales by the way, near Cardiff

I think my doctor meant get physically fit, eat well, take your medication , educate yorself , take action and combined with working full time it would be difficult and I think shes right, to a degree.

**I think my doctor meant get physically fit, eat well, take your medication , educate yorself , take action and combined with working full time it would be difficult and I think shes right, to a degree. **

Oh I see...... I agree that right now is not the time to be starting new stressful stuff....

Don't lose sight of your dreams though

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Welcome aboard!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Welcome to the site Frankie
    [^][^]

MANDIE XX

Hi Frankie

Welcome aboard.

This site is fantastic and you will get lots of support!!!

Nikki

Hi Frankie

Welcome to the site and a great post.

It feels like we have being cheated when those dreams are taken away from us but hold on to them and i am sure with your determination you will go on to live them.

You deserve it and i wish you the best of luck.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information