Thread: G'day everybody

G'day everybody

Hi,

this is very scary for me. I feel very emotional having read all those welcome comments. I have anxiety and depression and chronic spinal pain. I constantly feel misunderstood or like I'm either being too negative, or too idealistic and that I weird everyone out. When people say what they actually think about me, it's stuff like they love how I'm an individual & creative & do what I want without trying to be like everyone else.

I wasted a lot of years trying to be "normal". I may hate who I am & what I have to deal with, but eventually you have to accept that you are who you are, even if it means I'm a coward & a loner who makes up for it by being a total showoff & painting on a happy smile so no one gets upset just because I am. I think I block people out so I can be myself. Ignore starers.

I hate when in a conversation mental illness comes up & I admit about having depression. I get a sinking feeling in my chest that lasts for a couple of days. It's because of bad reactions from my past like the bullying & being called a psycho every day for a couple of years because I admitted it to a jerk to explain why I accidentally got upset for a minute. Most people are very supportive. I hate how I feel if I drink when I was depressed.

Thankyou, it's good to have a safe place to admit what I think are my terrible secrets.

Melody

Re: G'day everybody

Hi Melody,

Welcome to NMP. Many here will be able to relate how you are feeling and will give their support. By the way no terrible secrets here!

Take care,

Laura

Hi Melody,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes

Glad you have found us. Many here can relate to your post and you will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

Hi there and to the site, lots of good advice and support on here that really does help a lot, the chatroom is also very good , take care xx

Thread Information