Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: At last........an interview!

Hi All,
    Thank you so much for all the advice. I have made a few cue cards with things I want to say about myself which I hope are relevant, because I know I will probably come out and say "I wish I'd said that!".

I am also having a huge problem what to wear! Being out of the workforce for so long and taking medication and guess what....I'M FAT!!
    I was going for black trousers and a jacket, but my hips are out of this world, so I might wear a skirt now! I see whatever happens, I need to do some work in that department!!

Well, interview on Monday at 8.50. I will let you know how it goes.

Best wishes, and thanks again,
    Christine

Good luck with the interview, I had one last week, and although I found it hard because of anxiety, I took rescue rememdy to help!

Beforehand I just focused on looking into what the company do, and looking up some 'often asked' interview questions on the internet - I found questions like: how do you cope with pressure, if you had a problem at work what would you do, how would a friend describe you, what are your good qualities, whats your greatest achievement etc. Luckily I had a think about these questions beforehand and they came up!

Sorry if this was no hep, I don't know what work you're going for, I was going for a junior role. It must have gone ok because I got a second interview.

Good luck and let us know!!!! x

good luck for tomorrow Christine

Will be thinking of you

MANDIE XX

Good luck for tomorrow - let us know how it goes

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

you go for this!

you deserve it and irrespective of your problems ! if you feel you can cope with it then it is the right thing to do

Good luck and let us know how you go

sue with 5

scknight

Hope the interview went well.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Well done Good luck with everything Christine!!

Love Janey x

"There would be nothing to frighten you if you refused to be afraid." "Life is 10 percent what you make it and 90 percent how you take it." Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." "Courage is doing what you are afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you are scared." "Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death" "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you so much for all your support and advice. Thank you too Trace who had the brilliant idea of looking up the most asked interview questions on the net, which I did .........and got asked the top three! Thank goodnesss for that idea!

The interview was ok I think. I did hear myself half way through and wonder if I was babbling a bit. It turned out I went to school with the lady doing the interview (thank goodness we were friends!) but I don't know if this is a disadvantage or what. All I know is I really want the job. The hours would be brilliant around the kids and I felt confident enough to be able to do it.

Got to wait a week now as they are interviewing until Friday. The phone rang yesterday afternoon and I ran to it thinking thay were so impressed with me that they had made their decision.......but it was a catalogue company!! Oh well, I can dream........

Thanks all, I feel a real sense of achievement.

Christine

A huge success regardless of the outcome then !!

We're rooting for you and fingers crossed

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

well done christine

fingers crossed

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information