Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who feels like this?

Am I the only one who feels like this?

Some times when I'm feeling a bit stressed or tired my head feels weird.

I am 42 am happily married with 6 children (5 at home). I am training to be a teacher at the moment which means I have assignments to complete, 20hours at school and doing the family thing as well. My dh is so supportive and everyone pulls their weight at home.

I don't consider myself STRESSED, but I guess I do feel pressured at times to get school work done, home stuff done etc.

So, some days I'll rush around and my head just feel weird - heavy, tight, I feel tired. I have a weird feeling of my head being not quite attached to my body - spacey. Sometimes I will take Ipbrofen because it almost feels headachy but not a thumping headache.

I do have low iron so feeling tired isn't abnormal for me!
    Most days by bedtime my head just feels weird and spacey and that's what worries me - I hate that feeling and I never used to feel it, so why do I feel it now?

This totally scares me and I start to get those adrenaline moments of panic. I keep telling myself I'm OK, but I can't stop the feelings.

I just wonder if anyone else feels like this?
    Is it normal?
    Is it age?

Re: Am I the only one who feels like this?

I don't think I get anything like this but everyone experiences their stress differently - for me my tummy goes haywire. It sounds like your life is pretty hectic so I wouldn't be surprised if it is just the pressure. Are you on medication for the low iron? And have you had your blood pressure checked recently?

not stressed
    Just think of "All the stuff" you are expecting your brain to cope with - It just needs time to re-adjust a bit of TLC.

Have a bit of ME time and it should calm down

I used to wonder what bus i was on / or what day it was (and still do) it is scary.
    But if you are OK otherwise (iron count and BP etc) just have a bit of fun and then get back to ??work
    Best wishes
    june

Ha that's funny!

Firstly I DO have very low iron levels and am on iron meds to get them up (a constant battle), so "tired" is normal.

It is true that I am very busy - but I have a wonderful dh who "takes over" and I am able to just blobb out and relax if i need to.

I just can't stand this feeling of my head being
    -tight,
    -heavy feeling
    -headachy

and yet sometimes I feel "normal" and great.

I wish I knew if it was medical, stress, or just old age and I wonder if others feel the same?
    It does cause my anxiety because I wonder what it could be.

I had gall bladder surgery 3 years ago and took a long time to recoup after it. I had troubles with being dizzy for no good reason and feeling generally unwell. I did come right after 6 months but I actually don't think I ever feel the same as I did prior to the surgery.

So when my head feels wierd it causes me to worry and get panicy.

Hi

i can def relate to your post because i get those head feelings also.

Iv had them on and off for ages and although my dr says its part of the anxiety, i still worry its something serious

love mandie x

thank goodness some one else feels this too.

I just feel like I want someone to say (with a big grin on their face)

"EVERYONE feels like that, it's normal, it's called TIRED and you're just pushing yourself too hard. Of course your head feels weird, it's normal when you're over 40yrs....Relax, we're all there"

But of course I'm not going to tell anyone I feel so weird am I?

I have thought of going to the Dr and just telling her, but I figured she'll just do the blood tests, take my BP, and tell me that I'm healthy....which doesn't help my head does it?

Hi,

You have a hell of a lot on your plate at the moment and even from the choice of words in your post show that you know some of the causes at least. Kids, study, work..... there are also the little things in your day like cooking, eating, washing, laundry, shopping etc .... the list goes on.

Mate you are a human being, not a machine. Give your self a break in the chaos and find some ME time. Be selfish and take a little back, you cannot just keep giving... you will run out of steam long after the damage is done and you may slip into a place that I have just crawled from.

There are some fab meditation podcasts on itunes that are free and even just ten minutes a day will be a start. I was a 24 hour machine and "burnt out". This caused all sorts of other issues to come to the front as my coping mechanisms closed down and before I knew it, I was sinking into a big hole where I stayed for four years.

Don't go there mate, it's not a place I recommend!!

Set some me time into you routine and make sure that if all else fails you get your me time... read the below..

regards

M

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly, he picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar were full. They agreed that it was.
    So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar were full. They agreed it was.
    The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar were full. The students responded with a unanimous yes.
    The professor then produced two bottles of beer from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar, effectively filling the empty space between the sand. The students laughed. Now, said the professor, as the laughter subsided, "I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life"
    "The golf balls are the important things - your family, your children, your health, your friends, your favorite passions - things that if everything else were lost, and only they remained, your life would still be full.
    The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, and your car.
    The sand is everything else - the small stuff. If you put the sand into the jar first," he continued, "there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you. Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness. Play with your children. Take your partner out to dinner. Go out with friends. There will always be time to clean the house and fix the washing. Take care of the golf balls first, the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand."
    One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the beer represented. The professor smiled. "I'm glad you asked. It just goes to show you that no matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers."

Hi Wibble, i just copied your post (I hope you don't mind?) It is such a thought provoking peice that it is well worth re-reading.
    I think we can identify well with that explanation.
    Thank you
    June

No problems with copying my post - hell I swiped it off some site or other ages ago and read it myself from time to time.

M

Hi there,

I think I get the same as you....I only notice it late on in the day, either on my way home from work or when I sit down to "try" & relax in the evenings.
    My head feels tight like you, especially at the bit where my ears meet my head, feels as if my ears have moved up a bit & I just want to relax my head and have my ears move back down to where they should be (sorry that sounds v weird I'm not explaining it well!).
    Also at the same time my head will feel full of pressure, like it's a bottle of coke & I just want to undo the lid and "ssshhhhhh" all the pressure will come out.
    Normally no pain, just weirdness.

I put it down to stress/tiredness- like many of my symptoms I only notice this when I'm not particularly doing anything else...I figure if it was something serious I'd experience it at other times of the day. I also get the moments of panic/adrenaline thing- scary hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information