Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello everyone

hello everyone

Hi just found the site today and had a good natter in the chat room, (well worth a visit).

I am 33, female and have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for about 7 years after a head injury. Panics get so bad sometimes I end up having a seizure. Times have been difficult especially when there is no help and support from the medical profession. I had a blip in January 05 and have been suffering with agraphobia since. I have still been able to keep onto my job but just had to slow down while I recover.

My biggest problem is not being able just to nip out for things or go and meet my mates when I want. Each day I try to go out a little bit further on my own but this can sometimes be horrific. I will get there again but feel it's taking too long and i get frustrated about this.

Just changed my GP and am hoping to start on some medication next week to help me find a level so it's easier to work with rather than having big highs and lows.

Thanks for your time. Take care.

hi sglod
    welcome to the site
    you will find loads of help and advice on the site
    love michelle xxx

Hi sglod

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Sglog,

Welcome to the forum.

Well done on trying to go a little further everyday as avoiding things will only make matters worse in the long run.

You are doing well!

Kate x

**Each day I try to go out a little bit further on my own but this can sometimes be horrific. I will get there again but feel it's taking too long and i get frustrated about this.**

Instead of going a little further each day, try making it somewhere that is uncomfortable but just manageable and keep going there each day until it feel really ok and then take the next step.

There is no time frame here at all, it takes what it takes.Accept it is how it is today and resolve to work on it daily and do your best.

Yes its frustrating but beating yourself up ultimately makes it worse.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi sglod,

Nice chatting to you in the chatroom last night - sure we'll do it again soon.

The agoraphobia is the one I'm working on too at the mo so totally understand!!

See you soon

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Welcome Sglod.

Hi Sglod and welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear that you are suffering but you can over this in time.

As Meg said do things slowly and keep reassuring yourself that you are fine and in no real danger. Once it becomes comfortable then extend your boundaries a bit further.

Praise yourself for all the little things you do and accept that it may take some time but you will get there in the end.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

A big welcome to you Sglod

MANDIE XX

Hi Sgod,

A BIG warm welcome to the site I do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information