Thread: how to overcome fear?

how to overcome fear?

Does anyone feel contant anxiety cause of the fear of having a PA? I have only had a proper full-blown one two times but am in constant fear that its goona come anytime. This leads to constant tightness in chest and neck, feeling depersonalised, mild palps and aware of everything going on in my body. How do you beat the fear?

Re: how to overcome fear?

neelam..have you read the forums on here?they are on the left of the page..please read them..they explain everything about panic attacks..how you can prevent them..but in all honesty the only way is to ..face it.. accept it..float threw it..this means..try and not to be frightened from the panic attack..try and go with it ..the more frightened you are of the panic the more it could come ..there is a lot of good information on here please read it..if you want you can message me aswell and il try and help you as much as i can,, i have been a sufferere of panic for 26 years or more..been panic free for over 15 years now..but i have had a few panic spells due to a lot of personel things leading to stress..you are not alone on here ..try relaxation..take care and RELAX if you can.x

Face your panic.

The more you ignore it the more it builds up until you actually have a panic attack.

When you start to feel anxious, practice breathing techniques.

If that doesn't help (it should) then take note of your panic and ALLOW it to overcome you.
    It sounds like the stupidest thing to do in that situation but if you are brave enough, you'll find the panic will rise abit, then drop away sharply.

In a nutshell: When you feel the fear, try to increase the panic. Nothing will happen

thanks for the advice, anymore are welcome!!!xxx

Thread Information