Thread: Some reassurance would be really appreciated...

Some reassurance would be really appreciated...

I've been suffereing for the past few days, from what my dr tells me today is anxiety - over the past 6 days I've convinced myself on day one, after a smear test and being told blood pressure slightly high, but not to "worry", that I was going to have a heart attack... Day 2, once my dad took my blood pressure and assured me was normal for a couple of days - went on to spend the whole nigth (whilst on my holiday I would add) searching for a lump under my arm that I "thougth" I had felt.... I knew I was over reacting and being really silly but just couldnt stop - this searching was coupled with my deciding that I had lung cancer because couldnt breath and my asthma was getting out of control etc etc

Anyway, over the past few days, I've gradually become "aware" which is only way I can describe it of my hands being, a little tingly, bit itchy, mainly my right one, and nto when Im busy or out and about, but when I'm still-- so much so that now I've decided I have MS....

My doctor was ok, however, decided to spend most of the time with him telling me that I so needed to find "faith" which would help me face my fears, however, did tell me that he thought all I had was hypertension, anxiety and the tingling is hyperventilaing.

My question really is that is it normal that it comes and goes and makes your hands almost feel a bit warm and achy?

Thanks/Debby

Re: Some reassurance would be really appreciated...

Hi

I find myself here again, almost 12 months after my last wobble!

I have convinced myself that I have leukaemia/lymphoma as I have crazy itching on my back and front. Coping a bit better this time because I now know the symptoms of anxiety.

What you are experiencing is many of the classic symptoms of anxiety, and I would suggest you look over these pages and chat with people on here - I found it an enormous help last year.

Dont be hard on yourself.

Mifta

I will move this to the right forum and remove the other duplicate posts.

Please note you do not need to post multiple times. Thanks.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

ooooooooooooo are you me??? pm me love,sounds like good old anxiety to me xxx anx xxx

Thread Information