Thread: good days,bad days

good days,bad days

hi.just wanted 2 know if anyone had any Advice.
    last week i started 2 feel better.the anxiety wasnt half as bad as it has been and i even managed 2 laugh and smile.
    then about 2 days ago it just all started 2 come back and now i cant seem 2 shake it off.i understand that it can come back and that recovery isnt easy or quick but im worried that its always goin 2 be like this.
    i also know that my monthly cycle is due,and last month it made me feel dreadful 4 about 2 weeks.the anxiety was awful and i felt really ill.does anyone else get this and could this be a reason why i feel worse at the moment or is it just me making an excuse for being anxious.
    anxiety is just so confusing.
    any advice would be gratefully excepted.xxx

Re: good days,bad days

Oh yes, I definitely do notice a difference when I am pre-menstrual. Its something to do with the hormones affecting the other hormones which causes anxiety.

Not quite sure how it works, but many of the ladies here have noticed this too. I have found that if I take a supplement to help with PMS it also seems to help with anxiety. The supplement also has calcium and magnesium which also have a bearing on anxiety.

Hope this helps. I usually find that knowing I'm not alone helps, and you are certainly on alone in this! It does come and go with monthly regularity.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So sail away from the safe harbor. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Hi Eeyore, I'm male and I find that I still have anxious or down days. It isn't nice but it is normal. We're going through a tough time. It won't all be roses

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Hello Eeyore
    I have always found my anxiety to be lots worse in the 2 weeks running up to the time of the month - this is quite common for women who dont experience anxiety, so its even worse for us who do!
    I actually am sick on and off during the first few days of my period and have mood swings and generally feel very unwell. After the first 3 days I start feeling better. I have always been like this every month.
    I cant wait to be an old lady for the reason I wont have to put up with this!
    Do you take any evening primrose oil or Vit B6 tablets? I found that they help a lot.
    It happens due to drop in Oestrogen which helps fight anxiety naturally. When women get peri menopausal their PMT gets worse & their oestrogen drops until such a point that the menopause then kicks in.
    I have lowish oestrogen levels I was told and I suffer a lot with PMT. I thought I was going through the menopause early, and had a test at the doctors, but was told I am not. I want to be though so I can get it out the way!!!
    Last edited by PoppyC; 15-04-09 at 12:31.

It is unfortunate but we have to keep working at what helps us everyday. Alot of people start to feel better and then out of the blue it comes back. I was told that this is something that we need to keep up on so we dont forget how to respond when we get anxious or have an attack. I learned the hard way the other day. I knew what I was supposed to do and since I felt better I hadnt read or deep breathed in about 6 months. Needless to say last night was rough. Its over now but I should have kept up with what works. I still have bad days although they are few and far apart and yours will be too. Take care you can do this.

Thread Information