Thread: feeling fine then IT strikes!!!

feeling fine then IT strikes!!!

Anyone else ever get up on a morning and feel brill all day..no stress just happily watching t.v whilst ironing thinking about nothing much ....then WHAM!!! anxiety rears its ugly head!!!!! i feel awful all of a sudden like weak , jittery, not faint but not normal either??? feel like i have to keep taking deep breaths and sit down b4 i fall down!!!
    I could cry when it hits like this out of no where!!!
    please someone say they too get this???

Re: feeling fine then IT strikes!!!

I get this!!! I have it right now it started last Tuesday. My mum has had to have her BP checked and may have to go on medication (she too worries like me and suffered from anxiety attacks when she was my age, 24) She got herself upset and so did I. next thing I know my heart starts racing out of nowhere, I thought I could just ignore it as I now know when it does this its just a panic attack (this is my second one). I went to bed and thought i was fine, the next day i woke up with the worst neck ache and a feeling in my head like a dull ache and pressure i thought it was just a normal headache but has lasted for a fews days, thats when i started to panic and had 3/4 really bad attacks in about 3days! My heart seems to have slowed down but i still have this feeling in my head. when i relax and dont think about it it doesnt seem to be there then all of a sudden i'll remember and i get the feeling again. All i can think of is that this is a brain tumour as my friends boyfriend had one and he started off getting headaches :( im havent eaten much for about a week now and its really worrying me. does anyone else get this? Im just worried as with my panic attak before i didnt get this just really bad palpatations. I only feel safe being at home and this is the only time it seems to go away

PLEASE HELP! x

Unfortunately everything you both wrote sounds all too familiar to me. I try to calm myself down - trying to think of things logically and work my way to a solution ... but it just doesn't work. It's like when I'm feeling anxious or having an anxiety attack all logic goes out the window.

The two things that I do, and though they sound really silly/basic, I've found them quite helpful - is that I do deep breathing exercises. Usually starting by inhaling deeply and raising my hands above my head and then exhaling as I bend down to touch my toes. I really try and loosen my spine as I do this -- and it helps.
    The other thing is that I immediately down a few glasses of water. I don't know if it has to do with eliminating toxins from my body or just keeping hydrated, but it works. Almost like it cools me off.

These are no permanent solutions, but at least they're something to try and get the edge off of those terrible moments.

Good luck!!

Hey your fine!

Its really common when your suffering with anxiety/deppression to have swings in mood. Its a real pain because it gives the illusion that you cant control the way youare feeling, but we all can , we just have to learn how and i think the first step is recognising that anxiety is a habit or pattern our brains are in and we have to re-teach it to calm down.

Please please please please dont let your brains anxiety state trick you into thinking you are ill and that there is something wrong, there isnt, you arent and its just a feeling that you must ignore !!! really dont whatever you do feed it!! its like a gremlin. Trust me i am regretting feeding mine it just really delays and makes it harder to get rid off!! Remember you are always in charge of you!!!

Lisa
    xxxxx

Do any of you get these weird headache things? I think as this is a new feeling to me and ive had it since my panic attack for a week now, i am worrying loads. I live away from my mum and find it so hard as no one else seems to understand. My boyfriend thinks im pathetic. I can sometimes calm myself down and tell myself its nothing serious, then this voice pops in my head and over shadows the positive thinking telling me there is something wrong!

I feel so much more comfortable just knowing there are people out there like me x

i get the headache/neckache?? right up into the back of your head..do u feel like u have to relax it?? my doc said really bad tension headaches and wen i think this mine goes off!!! try it!!! xx

Thread Information