Thread: tattoo ideas

tattoo ideas

Hi guys, i've been suffering from pure o for 10 years now and its getting a little tedious! i want a new tatto and i thought of the idea to get one to remind me that I AM IN CONTROL AND MY OCD DOESNT CONTROL ME, however i cant think of the right words or pictures.

Any ideas?

Dange xxx

Re: tattoo ideas

why not buy a quotation book of positive thinking & see if you can seek inspiration from there?

Have you thought of Latin quotes? Here is a few I found

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    De profundis - up from the depths of misery
    Fortitudine vincimus - by endurance we conquer
    Ad augusta per angusta - to high places by narrow roads
    Amat victoria curam - victory favours those who take pains
    Haec olim meminisse ivvabit - time heals all things
    Ad astra per aspera - to the stars through difficulty

I am thinking of getting 'Qvae nocent docent' - things that hurt teach, tattooed over a scar on my wrist. My husband has his back covered with an angel and underneath he has - Alis volat propiis - She flies with her own wings.

You can find loads of Latin quotes on this site - some of which are very inspirational! http://www.yuni.com/library/latin.html

Google images is a great place to look for tattoo designs. Try typing in 'symbols of power'.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by dange View Post
    Hi guys, i've been suffering from pure o for 10 years now and its getting a little tedious! i want a new tatto and i thought of the idea to get one to remind me that I AM IN CONTROL AND MY OCD DOESNT CONTROL ME, however i cant think of the right words or pictures.

Any ideas?

Dange xxx
    Hopefully, this will help a bit.

First of all, I should explain I'm on my first week off effexor (after a month of weaning) .

My first tattoo will be a constellation because it's discreet, eternal and the symbolism is strong.

Sagittarius, the archer: his arrow points at Scorpio's (me) heart. I'll own the archer and make it impossible for anyone to hurt my heart. Works for me.

I've been considering getting the actual initials OCD and or GAD tattooed on me... i think neither has the exposure or awareness they should and so their is less understanding... if it were a commonly known i think people would cope better by not feeling isolated... anyway off the subject there...

A quote i have always loved and which incidenatly has never been so apt as now "this too shall pass" I tell myself that whenever the intrussinve thoughts ROCD or anyother of the many symptomes of OCD GAD ROCD DPRESSION ever start....

THIS TOO SHALL PASS i think its a more poetic take on time heals all wounds...

I love tattoos

My first was Balance on the back of my neck in Japanese - balance being what i belevie to be the most important thing in life followed by the name of a loved one who passed away last year..

Really want another one...

anyway good luck

x

You can not know true happiness untill you have experienced deep sorrow.

Live each day like the first and the last, don't look to the future or fret for the past, take just a step and never look back, love what you have hate not what you lack. You are divine, unique and blessed, you are the subject and life is the test. Know you will fare all weathers and trials, but for now, just sit back and relax for a while.

My personal opinion is that tattooing the actual "OCD" or "GAD" later on might make you feel as tho you have been labeled Literally!
    I mean the illness isnt' what defines who you are only the struggle you are taking on and to get a tattoo that marks you as an illness in some sort of way may give it more power than it should have!
    Does that make sense?

I'd stick with positivity like with the above posters balance tattoo.
    Perhaps "Health" or "Peace" or something of that nature.

I love tattoos too!
    I only have 2 (an Ankh and a heart with my husband's initials) but my husband has 9

I've seen some really beautiful tribal pieces if you don't want actual words.
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

You could just get something stunning that will remind you that your in control...(sorry don't know if you are male or female).. like a peacock, butterflies, koi karp etc something that expresses beauty and freedom.... but you will know the real reason why you had it tattooed on I'm currently designing a back piece for myself... an oriental phoenix and cherry blossoms

Thread Information