Thread: Hi

Hi

Think ive just had another panic attack in supermarket felt like i couldnt breath,dizzy and had too get out of there. When i got bk 2 car burst out crying these r taking over my life suppose 2 b at work in a hour.

Re: Hi

Hi... Panic attacks are just awful, however you made it out of the supermarket and back to your car, despite how you felt.
    When I get panic attacks I feel like how you described. I just try and focus as much as possible on getting my breathing under control and doing everything possible to calm down, but that said I know how difficult it is sometimes, and usually I end up being in a state of panic all the way through, despite my good intentions and end up too crying my eyes out afterwards.
    Try focusing on your breathing and relaxing as much as you can. Have you had anything to drink or eat? I find bringing my blood sugar levels up after a panic attack helps, even if it is just a little bit.
    Do you take any medication for the anxiety/panic attacks?
    Are you able to go back to work?
    I hope you feel much calmer soon.

Thanx poppy do u get panic attacks often? Mine stopped in feb but have suddendly started up again. Yeah had dinner just got home and had a sweet cuppa. On diazpam and sentaline 100mg. U on any meds? Just hope im ok at work this evening?

Hi again
    I used to get panic attacks several times a day, every day, last year, for a few weeks - the last one being in August, and then I thought they had gone for good, only for me to have a really bad hour long panic attack last Sat night. I was really calm and relaxing at home when it suddenly struck!
    I have been taking citalopram for just over a month now, but supposed to be gradually coming off them and going onto venafalaxine.
    How are you feeling now? any better? Are you going into work tonight?
    I hope you are feeling a lot better.

Thanx poppy yes went 2 work but was so hard. I hate this air hungar thing scares me so much it controls me. Like u mine started bk in sept went in feb and suddendly come bk a week ago gets u down

Thread Information