Thread: Belly Breathing

Belly Breathing

I have noticed that it is much easier for me to belly breathe when I am sitting down rather than when I am standing up. Why is that? Also I seem to have a great deal of acid reflux and take Zantac daily. Any help on that one?

You're not fighting against gravity and posture but practice makes it easier.

What is your question with the acid reflux ? Its a very common condition with or without anxiety. Zantac is a common med for it.

We've been hearing good things about taking aloe vera juice to relieve symptoms.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

You answered my very poorly worded question. I have noticed a sharp increase in reflux since I started having my attacks. In fact, as my anxiety level rises I notice that my gut gets harder, which also seems to be the first symptom I had when I was still having the attacks. I was wondering if increased reflux could be due to anxiety/panic.

BTW, I am taking Neurontin as a medicine and I have almost no attacks, just a fluctuating anxiety level with an undo level of fixation on my anxiety/panic level. Thanks for the website.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">You're not fighting against gravity and posture but practice makes it easier.

What is your question with the acid reflux ? Its a very common condition with or without anxiety. Zantac is a common med for it.

We've been hearing good things about taking aloe vera juice to relieve symptoms.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 16 August 2005 : 17:13:47</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Yes it can execerbate an existing problem with acid reflux. You produce more acid when you're stressed / anxious.

Tonic/soda water may help release some of it.

If Zantac isn't holding the symptoms go and see your doc and he may switch you to a PPI type med.

Meg

Hi and welcome,
    i used to get really bad heartburn and seemed to live on indigestion tablets. I found it was due to my anxiety and that I also have a wheat intolerance. It was worse when i didn't chew my food properly as i always felt in a hurry and struggled to sit still for long periods of time!
    hope you find the site helpful, kt x

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

Hi,

This is interesting because i have always suffered IBS with acid reflux, spent time in hospital with it once and had to have tests.
    I was learning to live with it taking medicines until January this year.

Have you heard of Gillian Mckieth, shes the lady on the programe you are what you eat. I have her books and she mentions acid reflux problems and the solution is not to eat your carbs and proteins together.

Believe me this really really helps (i no longer get IBS at all).
    She tells us the proteins take 3 hours to leave the stomach and the carbs take 2 hours to leave the stomach.....if you eat them together the proteins stop the carbs leaving the stomach so therefore you get gasses
    from the foods mixing together causing acid in the stomach!
    This acid can then get worse if you are anxious.

It can be a bit boring not eating them together but i soon got used to it.
    If you really need to eat both together you can buy a digestive enzyme from the Health food shop (this product is fantastic) basically before you eat , take the tablets and you will not suffer any acid at all.

I have taken them for anxiety acid problems and they work great !

sorry to go on but hope this helps you like its helped me ,you can get her books from your local library!
    good luck

mirryx

Thread Information