Thread: Acute dizziness - very very worried

Acute dizziness - very very worried

Its been quite some time since I posted here but recently I have been feeling really run down and the physical symptoms I have been having, have kick started my health anxiety in a huge way.

I’m just coming up to the end of my degree (a mature student of 35) and have been working solidly for about 10-12 hours everyday for the last 18 months. Over the last few months, I have been experiencing really acute dizzy spells, sudden waves of dizziness that last about 2 or 3 seconds, they really scare me when they happen. On top of this I’m feeling tired ALL the time. My partner and friends say I’m just working too had (and our two year old is just getting mobile also which is major work in itself).

I’m terrified that these symptoms are indicators of something underlying…brain tumour, stroke etc…..it’s really beginning to get to the point where the anxiety is starting to interfere with what I’m doing. I’ve had such a good handle on this for a long time but these symptoms have frightened me so much.

Any words of support would be extremely welcome….

Thanks everyone.

Re: Acute dizziness - very very worried

no brain tumor...just plain old anxiety I have the same thing. I will also say that I can have this happen even when I don't "feel" stressed out. I can be sitting enjoying the day and it will happen. I read a GREAT post when 1st finding this place that said in a nut shell that:
    anxiety is like a rain barrel. It fills up over time. You don't feel the symptoms until the barrel begins to over flow, which takes times just like it takes time for someone to become obese from years of poor eating habits. Just like it took time to fill the barrel, it will take time to get it empty again. Dizziness and fatigue are signs that your partner is right...you have been working too hard and now your barrel is overflowing.
    Please try to relax because being scared of the symptoms will make them worse. Hugs and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Dan , Your studying to hard , i can understand it being your final year and you will want a good pass which im sure you will get so try and take afew breaks everyday and have a day out now and again with your family it will do you good , most students on their final year work hard but try not to worry , the year has nearly ended , please try to have time out , have family time together it will help in the long run , best wishes and good luck Dusky x let us know how your getting on and relax more

Hi Dan,

I have had these symptoms for many years now.
    I have had all the tests and all come bacl clear.
    I find stress and tiredness are factors for me.
    You should talk your concerns over with your GP and make sure you tell him how hard you are working and the stress you are under too having him/her explain it might help you accept it is anxiety related.
    Once you accept it is anxiety it takes a lot of the fear out of it when it happens.
    Hope it sorts itself out for you.

Thread Information