Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hospital

Hospital

I'm panicking about tomorrow after seeing my therapist this afternoon. It is a long story but she thinks I need urgent help with my anorexia and is coming with me to see a psychiatrist tomorrow morning.

She said she wants me to have medical intervention and hospital might be the only thing that helps. I am petrified. I can't cope with being cut off from K, or with being in a psychiatric hospital.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Karen,
    I am sorry you feel so bad, anyone would under the circumstances, i have no sound advice (as usual) but see how things go tomorrow, you will not necessarily be taken into hospital, there maybe other options, medical intervention does not mean being carted off to a psychiatric hospital. Take things slowly and keep in touch, sorry no good advice, but thoughts are with you xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Karen

Its by no means certain that you would have to go into hosp is it???

Wouldn't it be a discussion between you all as what would be best for you and how you want to deal with it.

I'm sure Meg will be able to advise you hun but in the meantime just try and see it in the same light as any other medical thing - scary I know but if it gets you better!!!!!

We'll all still be here and and I'm sure K and you will be able to be in touch as much as you normally are. If you do decide its best for you to have a short hospital stay we could all write to you while you are there then you wont feel abandoned (we could send stuff via Nic or someone).

Try not to be scared and remember its what you want and feel that is best for you that is ultimately the goal of your therapist and the psychiatrist, they want to help not frighten you!

Big hugs

Love Piglet

hi Karen,
    I can't better what these lovely people have already said! but I know it sounds scary but like they say, they are truly trying to help you and you know you need help..
    They may not take you to hospital its a possibility.. either way you will not be cut off from the outside world.. we will all still be here!! and so will K.. she's always at the end of the phone and theres no reason why this would be anydifferent in hospital..
    i'm glad they are worried about you - this is a good thing right!? i'd be more concerned if they weren't.
    we're here for you hun.
    lisa
    xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Thanks for the replies. I'm just panicking because my therapist has been trying to persuade me that a stay in hospital might be the best thing for me for a couple of months now. She did say it isn't certain that this will be the outcome of tomorrow, but going into a psychiatric hospital is one of my worst fears.

Carlin: Just the fact that you were kind enough to reply helps. Your support is appreciated.

Piglet: Thanks for your message. It is meant to be a discussion but when I saw the first psychiatrist she tried to push hospital and medication as the lines of treatment, both of which I am against. I only agreed to see her so I could be referred on to a psychologist for something like CBT but she wouldn't do this.

Now K isn't very happy with the psychiatric services for leaving me with no help or support for the past couple of months, during which time it seems everyone thinks I've deteriorated. This is partly my own fault though because I've been so scared I've tried to avoid seeing anyone from the CMHT.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I'm sure Meg will be able to advise you hun but in the meantime just try and see it in the same light as any other medical thing - scary I know but if it gets you better!!!!!</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    The really silly thing is that if it were any other medical thing it wouldn't bother me. I'm just petrified of psychiatrists and psychiatric hospitals/wards.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">If you do decide its best for you to have a short hospital stay we could all write to you while you are there then you wont feel abandoned (we could send stuff via Nic or someone).</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    That's really kind, thank you.

Lisa: Thanks for your support.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">we will all still be here!! and so will K.. she's always at the end of the phone and theres no reason why this would be anydifferent in hospital..</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Unfortunately I only have contact with K through a forum so if I go into hospital I will be cut off from her. This just makes it so much worse because I find it so incredibly difficult to get through even one day without contact with her as it is, then add to that the panic of being in hospital in the first place...

I just hope there is another option because I don't know how I'll cope otherwise.

There is also the sale of my house I am trying to organise and I can't do that if I'm stuck in hospital.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Karen,

I am really feeling for you right now as I know this prospect has been worrying you for ages, although we don't know what's going to be said yet.

But I think its time to be practical and work out a way to go forward that will do you some good, taking into account your psychological needs.

I obviously don't know what would be the most effective solution for you would be, but it may be worth enquiring, if the hospital thing comes up, what lines of communication with the outside world will be on offer. They may not be able to give you a straight answer, but its worth asking.

But whatever happens, I will continue to support you via this forum. And that will be stronger each time you take a brave step.

I still believe you can turn the corner, but I know that will never be easy.

We're all rooting for you here, you know that.

Be Strong,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Still thinking of you Karen

Lots of love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Hi Ray

The prospect of having to go into hospital is one of my worst fears, particularly when combined with the prospect of not being able to have contact with K too.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I obviously don't know what would be the most effective solution for you would be, but it may be worth enquiring, if the hospital thing comes up, what lines of communication with the outside world will be on offer. They may not be able to give you a straight answer, but its worth asking.
    <div align="right">Originally posted by clickaway - 19 August 2005 : 00:25:58</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    That's one reason I feel relieved my therapist is going to be there because she said she would make sure arrangements are put in place for internet access. I just don't see how this is possible in an NHS psychiatric hospital or ward. But her agreeing to accompany me was the only way of getting me to the appointment because I couldn't face going alone.

Thanks for your continued support Ray and Mandie.

Just wish I could sleep and forget about this for a while. I've only had an hours sleep in the last two nights now but I'm too anxious to sleep.

Karen

Hi Karen!
    I don't know you, but I just sent up a prayer for you. Praying that you won't have to be hospitalized if you don't need to be, but that, if you do, that you'll get the best, most caring help you can get! Praying that God will send you someone who seems like a familiar old friend to encourage you and help you through this.
    Also praying for a good night's sleep!!
    (((((((((hugs)))))))))
    Andrea

Thank you Andrea. It's almost morning here now but still have almost 5 hours until my appointment.

Karen

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information