Thread: cant do this anymore

cant do this anymore

hi guys please help me, im in a right mess.... i had panic disorder a few years ago and have been well for about 3 years, yes i get anxious and nervy but was fine, the last few weeks have been feeling ill and not myself and then last week it came back, i was still on my old meds and zopiclone and have diazapam if i needed it.. i have quite a stressful job.. but today i had to be signed off sick.. my doctor has given me new meds and im not very good at taking new things as that makes me panic to... i took half a pill today as i dont want to take to much.. this morning when i got up i was really panicky and my husbands friend had to take me to doctors, i had to have diazapam before i went. the doctor gave me escitalopram.. and now after taking half i feel sick and spaced out and really dizzy so am now panicking about that to. is this normal should i feel like this,.. i dont know what i can do i feel such a failure and a burden to my family. I have just led in the bed all day. have lost half a stone in a week and cant eat anything. My fight has gone..

Re: cant do this anymore

Please dont worry Vicky ! ,it is quite normal to feel like you do when you first start a new medication.These feelings will ease within 2-3 weeks.It will take the new tabs 4-6weeks to stabilise .If you try to eat very small ammounts of food regularly this will keep your blood sugar levels normal and you will feel better for it.Smoothies and Complan are an excellent source of nutrition when we loose our appetite.You said you were taking your normal meds,what were they ?If you have stopped another antidepressant you are also probably experiencing withdrawals as well,which can be pretty awful. You shouldnt feel guilty ,its not your fault,you didnt ask to feel like this . Trt to get plenty of rest and drink plenty .Take care , you will get better,The meds have to adjust and this takes a bit of time. Hugs Sue

You can do this Vicky cos i know you are strong,i know i havent known you long but i can tell you have inner strength.I know its horrible mate and would do anything to make you better right now.Now you are signed off sick you must rest,you are unwell just as if you had a physical illness,dont beat yourself up,you mustnt because as you can see with all the people on here there are loads of us that get mentally unwell.Your body is telling you to rest and get better you MUST listen to it because it knows best.I am only at the end of the phone mate,just text me if you need to chat i mean it.Your not the first one to suffer this and you wont be the last,you got better last time and you will this time as well i promise.
    Ali xxxx

ah thanks guys i feel so sick, i just eaten and threw it back up its awful i dont know what to do! Ali sorry can you text me i deleted my messages by mistake... i hope this gets better.. sue I was on dothepin and have been on them years, I have only stopped taking them today and changed to the other ones i feel so ill.. please tell me this will stop... love you all x

Hi Vicky,
    Remember that you have beaten this before and you will do it again... You need rest and time is all.. Try and eat teeny bits if you can and distract yourself with books, movies, friends, whatever, just till the worst bit passes..

Hang on in there.. it will pass.

Big Hugs xx

thanks all, i get this massive heavyness in my chest and legs like some one is crushing me and then i panic, it only goes when i take diazapam! is this really just anxiety? will it go once my meds are starting to work?

Thread Information