Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Still worried - Ovarian cancer??

Still worried - Ovarian cancer??

I posted yesterday about my fears regarding stomach problems. I have had a month of pains under my ribs (mostly left side!), belching, acid and now bloating and loss of appetite.

My blood test results show all is fine. I have an abdominal and pelvic ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday. I know that statistics are all in my favour for it not to be ovarian cancer but I can't stop looking at websites for early symptoms - bloating, loss of appetite etc...

Today I have tried taking peppermint capsules and charcoal but nothing is different!! I am so scared!! HELP!!!

Re: Still worried - Ovarian cancer??

Hi there i can understand how your feeling, i have fears over this as well,but your blood test would have shown abnormalities if anything was there, so i am sure all is fine. Just think it's not long till tuesday and nothing is going to happen in that time span, and you'll be finally able to get some peace of mind, and these symptoms can be so many things , we all know google is bad.....don't do it to yourself. My latest fear is breast cancer, plus this blooming swine flu have been feeling really nauseated today and im sure that's just all this anxiety. I hope this helps you a little bit and let us know how things go on Tuesday, take care xx

I feel your pain sweety.

I'm off for an ultrasound this Thursday as I had a pelvic infection about 2 months ago and wa sin agony and it didn't fully go away.

My fears were cervical,womb,bladder,ovary anything down there cancer..

And my smear recently came back fine but now I'm worried they find something on ultrasound

Had blood tests etc and they seemed to be ok but they werent looking fo ranything like this.

I wish you the best of luck hun.

How are your poops?

xxxxxxxx

Thanks for your replies.

However, stupidly, between writing this thread and getting your replies, I have pretty much convinced myself that I have ovarian cancer. My lower abdomen feels so bloated and I ache under my ribs.

I am sitting here in tears - don't think I can get through a whole week of waiting!!

Wee-Mee - poop varies between two extremes!!

poops between two extremes..girl that is me!

And for severe abdominal bloating..do not start me! I was so bad that I actually took a pregnancy test because I then thought I was pregnant. I looked about 4 months pregnant.. but it must have been immaculate conception cos I had been too sore for sex.

I think it sounds like IBS.

I haven't been officially diagnosed with this but you should look at the IBS link : http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=ibs

I hope you feel better soon love

xxxxx

I think it sounds like IBS; I got these symptoms from a website and they sound just like you!

Pain tucked up under the left ribs (splenic flexure syndrome). When the pain is bad, it may enter the left armpit.

Variable and erratic bowel habits alternating from constipation to diarrhoea.

Flatulence (excess wind).

Loss of appetite.

Anxiety and stress-related symptoms, which may interact with gut symptoms.
    I get IBS and know how worrying makes it worse, but I TRUELY think you are suffering with IBS.

Oh! and:

Severe abdominal bloating and generalised abdominal tenderness associated with bloating.

Thanks Mondie.

I have had these symptoms for over a month pretty much every day. Does this fit with IBS? The bloating has been on and off but has been constant for the last couple of days hence my fear!

My symptoms have been constant for months, so please don't worry as it only makes it worse. Try and take some colpermin peppermint tablets (you can get them in the supermarket) and they should help ease the symptoms.

Too many carbs tend to make me worse..white,simple carbs like white bread,pasta etc..they clog me if you will and makes me more susceptible to either bad loose stools or bad constipation.

IBS can actually be brought on by severe stress which happened to me I think a few months back.

When anxiety kicks in,it goes haywire petal

xxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information