Thread: Painfull spot on the side of my tongue?

Painfull spot on the side of my tongue?

Soo, Earlier today I went to my doctor about the swelling under my tongue that was apperantly "Normal" At that point I also said I had a very anoying pain on the side ofmy tongue, she looked at it and said she didn't see anything weird.

At work today I went to the bathroom and decided ti have a look myself if I could see something, and after sticking out my tongue & having turned it nearly upside-down with my fingers I noticed I small, yellowish spot on the back of my tongue, on the left side...
    This ofcourse had me allmost fall of my feet with fear for the first few minutes and the rest of the day I could barely function good enough and allmost wanted to call in sick..

Now I dont want to go search google for this again...so I decided to ask here, does anyone know what this could be? Somekind of a weird blister? Maybe an infected area?

Kind Regards,

Kraggy

Re: Painfull spot on the side of my tongue?

Hi there, sorry your not feeling great, could possibly be a ulcer. I had an apthous ulcer on my tongue for months, doctor gave me some cream and it cleared up in the end. However most ulcers go away after a few days. You can always take some multi vitamins as well that might help xx

Dear Holly

Thank you for answering, and after looking up pictures of an Apthous ulcer it does indeed look the same, Mine is unfortionatly on the side of my tongue, pressing against my Wisdomtooth area, so most movements make me feel the damn thing xD, Luckely it is farely small :3

Hah, seems like the Ulcers that I have can also be an effect of the Health Anxiety

"The exact cause of many aphthous ulcers is unknown but citrus fruits, stress, fatigue, lack of sleep blablablabla"

Def an ulcer - just had one myself. Go to your pharmacist and ask for this weird ulcer cream called something in Orabase. Brilliant stuff and works wonders. And whilst your red lumps under your tongue sound like the ones we all have (I checked, have two) - go to your dentist for mouth issues, doctors aren't as good.... dentists are the experts and will reassure you properly....

I have massive fear of all things to do with the mouth, and have a step father who is a dentist - so he is very dismissive of doctors diagnosing the mouth area! Don't go off into a tail spin though - doesn't mean your doctor is wrong because they would spot a bad issue but in future, go to your dentist...

Thread Information