Thread: Long Lymph Node groin..

Long Lymph Node groin..

Soo here I am again, with another fear...
    Last week I requested the doctor to check out the Lymph nodes in the groin because they felt like a moon landscape on both sides, he said it all felt normal and that I shouldn't worry, although they all feel firm & only slightly moveable, also they're painless which apperantly all are signs of a cancerous process spreading in the Lymph Node...Anyways he told me not to worry about it, but there is still 1 specific node that scares me alot...The biggest of the bunch, it is long, a bit like an underskin sausage...it is about 1.5 fingerwidth's long but only about 0.5 a fingerwidth thin..
    It this really normal for the groin Lymph Nodes...?
    Do any other really skinny people CLEARLY feel the lymph nodes in their groin?

Its hard to stop worrying about it, and I dont think the doctor would be very appreciative of me standing in the office this week for the same thing as last week..

Kind regards,

Kraggy.

Re: Long Lymph Node groin..

hi kraggy. i just wanted to let you know that i can feel something like that on my left side. it is probably about an inch long but very narrow. i think it is almost like a short worm but hard. i had my boyfriend feel it (he's a medical resident) and he thinks that it is probably some sort of ligament or connective tissue and not a lymph node. he said that lymph nodes feel like hard marbles under your skin.

does that help? i hope so!

it really did, Really...

I would love to just be able to say "Ah the good doctor said im fine! So I'm fine!" But its hard...To know that there are more people to have the same thing, and your description fits it exactly. So the chance that we both have it and it is something bad, is even smaller! Thank you, it really gave me a bit of peace of mind.
    Unfortionatly I feel the tiny "hard marbles" under my skin aswell :P The doctor checked em and said that his 3 sons had it aswell, So I guess I should just thrust the man, After all I doubt he would lie about his sons..

oh totally, i know how hard it is to take what the doctor says and believe it!! i am not good at that myself. i was pretty skeptical about this long lymph node thing for a while but i definitely now at this point think it's just tissue of some sort. as far as the marbles under your skin, i think that's normal too - also kind of illustrates the long narrow one you're feeling is NOT one. so try not to let it worry you

Thread Information