Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being assessed for mental health

Being assessed for mental health

Hi
    I went to the doctors 3 weeks ago about how i was feeling i've suffered 8yrs and never told anyone. I wrote her a letter about how i felt and what feelings i get. She read it then asked me to take anti d's whilst she refered me to get help.
    I got the letter from the mental hospital 2weeks ago and felt ok about it but didnt like the sound of being assessed now its only 3days to go and i just want to phone up and cancel as M my best mate says its the way out of this i no she's right but i feel scared and part of me would perfer to stay like this than go to the hospital on wednesday.
    I dont like being like this but at the same time i dont like the feelings i get when i have to go somewhere i dont want to go.
    I just wanna run away from it all. I feel out of my safe zone.
    My mind is doing over time im having panic attacks all day which are wearing me out. Then at nite i cannt sleep cos of wednesday running through my mind.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this
    South
    xxx

Hi South.
    Sorry you are feeling so bad, most people would in this situation, hospital visits, dentists,etc.....the only thing i can say is, maybe (if you manage to get to the hospital) they will be able to help, also put your mind at rest and give you good advice, you do not have to take or do anything you do not wish to, that is entirely up to you. The difficult part, as you say, is actually getting there, is there anyone who could go with you? can you get a lift there? i'm clutching at straws here but if you do have to cancel it may be along time until another appointment becomes available...listen to me..mrs. wise owl, i have problems getting to the local shops on many occasions!!!!take care and keep in touch xxxxxxx

South

It probably means you will be assessed by a member of the community mental health team - usually a nurse.
    The assessment is standard practice. From there you will get referred to whomever she thinks can help you the best.

I hope you decide to go as from there you may get the real help you need.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Being assessed is nothing to worry about, my assessment involved answering questions, filling in a few forms and a discussion of my problems. Then they decide whether to refer you for therapy etc.
    Good luck,
    LJ

Peru83 is offline Intermediate Member
    Hi hun,

Please don't worry about wednesday, you are actually alot stronger than you give your self credit for lady,lol. We have been speaking now for a while and I personally would say that you can do this on wednesday, you just have to believe you can.

I have 100% faith in you for wednesday, I know that you'll make it, because deep down you know that you need this assesment. As I have said to you before they are only there to help and do what is best for you, so it can't be bad really, can it?

Instead of worrying yourself sick about 'oh my god I have the doctors on wednesday what are they going to think of me? are they going to think I'm crazy?!', just tell yourself 'I have the doctors on wednesday, they are going to help me feel better and I'll be ok'. And no your not crazy you just have a few problems that you need help with working through. We all need help at some point. You know by now it's all about thinking and right now your thinking bad of the whole thing.
    Look at me last friday at my assesment I was a wreck, I didn't sleep the night before, I was shaking, shortness of breath, nose bleeds ect to get there and everything be fine! When I left I was still a bit shaken but relieved I was ok. You'll find the same on Wednesday I promise., you will be fine.

Cant you get your friend to go with you on wednesday? have you told her about it?

If you still feeling bad later hun you know I'm always here for you so just pm me on msn, ok.

Sorry about thismorning, having a bit of a bad day my self.

Speak to you later, take carexx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

Hi South,

Please try not to worry to much it is just an assessment which can start the ball rolling to get you on to recieving the help you deserve.

I hope it goes well for you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Hi South,

I'm just the same with appointments and anything that takes me out of my comfort zone too.

I think Weds will be a brilliant step forward cos then the right advice can be given for whatever is your particular worry.

I've now registered with nopanic for their telephone course - there is no shame in asking for assistance along the path of getting better is there afer all you'd never attempt to mend a broken leg on your own would you.

Don't fret about it till Weds as you will kick yourself Weds night for giving yourself unecessary days of grief.

Will see you in chat soon.

Love Pig x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi South,

Just wanna say good luck for Wednesday, would it be an idea to take someone with you that you trust? Even if they sit in the car, just so you know they are there. I know whenever I go for a follow up at the docs my Mum just sits in the waiting room its just reassuring knowing she is there in case I need her?

Hope it all goes well

Kx

.......Is your past barging in on your future? Make a better 2morrow 2day.......

Hiya
    Thank you for all your kind words they mean alot to me. On wednesday when its over i no i will b like why did i worry so much for. M my best mate is coming with me she's been with me all the way for the past 3 yrs she is great and always kicks me when i need it.
    I'm such a shy person it may not seem it to those who no me thats cos im hiding behind a keyboard but when it comes face to face i freeze up and wont talk.
    I hate talking to ppl i dont no, i dont trust ppl i dont no.
    love
    South

Hi again South,
    I was just thinking, i understand how hard it is when facing people, would it be at all possible for you and your friend to, maybe, write down some things that you wish to ask, or any information that maybe easier written down, i know when panicking you just tend to forget everything, try and make a note of things beforehand, sorry to go on, it's just i know how i would feel in this situation. take care and keep in touch.xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information