Hi all.

Really glad to find a place like this. Came across it yesterday and just reading some of the posts made me realise that I'm not alone or going mad!

Things get me down sometimes because t feels that I have no control over my thought patterns and my brain goes off in the opposite direction that I want it to and I end up in this world of panic.

These feeling have only really been a problem for me over the last 6 months or so. My mother died last September and I never really dealt with it at the time. Then in January of this year my wife and I split up and it's really been since I've realised that we are not going to get back together that I've been feeling like this.

I've been to see my GP and although she was very understanding she wasn't much help. She offered me some kind of medication, which I declined. She then suggested that I start taking St John's Wort which I have been doing for about a month. I've also been seeing a private psychotherapists but I can't really see it going anywhere with her so I thinking about finding a new one (anyone know a good one in or around Cambridge).

Take care