Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just signed in!

I bet your Dad likes the company, How is your relationship with your sister now ?

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 22 August 2005 : 14:34:29</div id="right">
    [/quote]

If there's one good thing that's come out of all this it's that i'm now a lot closer to both my Dad and sister.

Hi Parker,

I lost my brother a couple of years ago, and it was horrendous. he was diagnosed with a brain tumour the year before, and after undergoing a couple of biopsies (YUCK! He looked like Frankenstein for a while!) The drs decided that they couldn't operate, but that at the time it wasn't cancerous. So they put him on steroids to shrink it because it was putting huge pressure on his brain and affecting his speech. These made his weight balloon, and made him feel crap but he kept going with it. Then one Sunday (a year later) my Mum called up completely out of the blue, and just said "He's gone Em" and that was it. He wasn't supposed to die - we didn't think he would, the drs didn't think he would, and so because of that I didn't spend anywhere near enough time with him (he was 24 and still living with mum and dad. I felt really guilty for ages, I was angry (not with him) and even though I was already having major problems in the panic department, it obviously escalated things a little.

The thing is Parker, what I'm trying to say is this; it WILL get better. It has for me. The grief will ease - it never completely leaves you, but it does become manageable. BUT, you must let yourself grief - both for your lovely MUM, and for the relationship you have lost (that is a grieving process too as far as I can see!) This won't happen overnight, and you can't expect it to. I just went from one day to the next at first, and if I felt like crying, I did. If I felt like having a good laugh, I did (don't ever feel guilty about it! It's OK to still laugh!), If I felt like telling everyone to go away - I did. Do what you need to do - it's different for everyone and no-one can give you the right answer unfortunately. I have a friend who had to go outside every now and again and yell at the top of his voice! ('Course, the neighbours will think you're barmy!)

But now you're here, you will never be alone - I promise.

Take care, and welcome

Emxxxxxxx

Hi Parker,

Welcome and I hope you find the support you need. Sounds like you have been given some very good advice already.

Tam x

Hi Parker

Welcome aboard!!! You are in the right place.

I too am taking St John's Wort. I have been on it for about two and a half months.

I have been through similar to you in February. My nan died and everything esculated from there and I never dealt with it. Hence 14 weeks off work and anxiety at level 10!!!

Keep going with the counselling, it's helped me heaps and can now talk about my nan without getting tearful and upset.

Take care

Nikki

Welcome to the site Parker.

Hi Parker

A big warm welcome to the site.

I think all has been said.

Lots of love

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Hi Parker

WELCOME TO THE SITE

TKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Hi Parker

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Thanks again for the welcome guys. I'm overwhelmed![8D]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information