Thread: Dizzy Spells

Dizzy Spells

hi there, today i woke up feeling really dizzy and i have no idea what caused it as i havn't been particuly anxious and now i have been having dizzy spells on and off all day. i'm really freaking out it might be a brain tumour because theres nothing else it can be. anyone else experienced this? i'm really scared.
    please reply
    luv louise

Re: Dizzy Spells

I had this last week it lasted 2 weeks, it turned out to be an ear infection.

Why is there nothing else it can be?

I had dizzy spells on and off for about 2 years and it wasn't anything sinister.

It could be low blood pressure, low blood sugar levels or any number of things.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

i get them for no reason, having a dizzy spell right now and my eyes are having trouble focussing. happens in bursts of time then sometimes goes away.
    I pack my trunk, embrace my friends, embark on the sea, and at last wake up in Naples, and there beside me is the Stern Fact, the Sad Self, unrelenting, identical, that I fled from. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had this back in January for about a week and then again in March for about 2 weeks. The first time I went to the hospital because it was so severe I was getting nauseous. I thought it was anxiety because I was having a terrible bout of HA then. Turned out to be an inner ear infection. Not sure if it was the same thing in March but I did see the doctor a few days after it subsided and he did a blood pressure assessment on me(had me lie down, sit up quickly, then jump off the table taking the numbers 3 times). He told me if it happens again to try to taking a decongestant such as Sudafed. Even though your nose and stuff isn't congested, your ears still could be. If it keeps happening to me, I may have to get tubes put in my ears. No big deal, though! I'd rather it be an ear problem than anything else. I'm sure it's either your anxiety or an ear issue.

Can you describe the dizziness? Mine was a rocking/swaying type which they say is common with inner ear.

Hope I helped set your mind at ease a bit! Take care.

Thread Information