Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cold & Cough, now chest hurts

Re: Cold & Cough, now chest hurts

I've taken a paracetomol but it hasn't worked so i'm really panicking now. I've got to ring the doctors again tomorrow but i'm so frightend because of my extreme social phobia and agoraphobia, i just wish the doctor had reassured me but she didn't at all so i'm thinking the worst now.

Will your gp not come out to see you because of your agoraphobia and social phobia?

I think thats what they are going to do but im still so worried, i got sick just speaking on the phone because of my social phobia.
    Plus im worried about having chest x rays and going to hospital (Stupid Google).

Its awful being stuck in the house isnt it hun, but your lucky in a way as you seem to have an understanding gp, i used to make myself ill having to push myself to go to the doctors when i was agoraphobic. Try not to worry about having xrays or anything yet as you probably wont need one. Wait and see what your doctor says in the morning.
    I hope things are ok so you can get a good nights sleep tonight.
    Take care
    xx

Thank you Lesleya, i'll post when i know more xxx

Night hun....sweet dreams
    xx

Night Night x

I've just rung the doctors and waiting for a doctor to ring me back now. I'm having another panic attack which is effecting my breathing, my breathings already bad though cos ive got a blocked nose (i hope thats the reason).

I still feel really lousy today with "flu symptoms" as the doctor told me yesterday. blocked nose, sneezing, phlegm, cough and pains in the chest when i cough and when i'm resting.

The thing is though, before my cold i had pains in my chest which my doctor said could be anxiety and that my chest sounded ok when she checked it.

I'm panicking so much now about pneumonia and bronchitus now because i think i fit the symptoms.

The doctor just came to see me, it was good because it wasn't a planned visit but she had about 20minutes to spare so she came straight away.

She says i have bronchitus but i don't have to take medication, just parocetomol, drink lots and rest.

Bronchitus isn't as bad as i thought it would be then, although i feel rough, i can calm down now knowing that i've been checked over and that i don't have to go to hospital and have chest x-rays ect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information