Thread: blood pressure

blood pressure

Ok so the last few times I have gone in to the dr, bp was ok I think. One time
    it was 116/63. I was REALLY surprised. Then the last few times its been like 140/90. Then is was 144/96, so she check again about 1 minute later and it was 144/81. At the time I was feeling anxious. Normally its like 138/88. Do I need to worry? I had a bought just now at work and I am sure my bp went up, I worried, and I think I had a panic attack. With anxiety, it flucuates to much. What do you think?

Re: blood pressure

The last few times i had mine took its been 120/100 and they didnt really seem concerned but i have been reading about high blood pressure and scared myself but i thought surely they would have said something if they were concerned.

Hi

Mine is higher than that at dr because i get so anxious. if u were anxious then it would get higher

i wouldnt worry.

amanda x

mine's all over the place too. dr.s are pretty quick to put people on blood pressure meds so i woudn't worry if they didn't say anything. and honestly that's not too high really for being up and about

there is a phenomenon called 'white coat syndrome' ie when you go and get your blood pressure checked at the doctors, because you know your getting it checked that will automatically put your pressure up.
    Lots of things can affect your blood pressure and often high blood pressure goes undetected because it is often symptom less. Blinding headaches can be a symptom of high blood pressure though.
    ideally the doc like the bottom number to be below 90, if the bottom number is CONSISTENTLY above 90 and you have other risk factors ie overweight, smoker, over 50, family history etc they might consider medicating you to keep it in check.
    one thing that is guaranteed to increase your blood pressure is obsessing about it.
    hope this helps

laura

Thread Information