Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: diazapam

diazapam

hi my names lucy
    i just want to ask a question, i suffer from panic disorder and agraphobia and am due to go on holiday next week with the family i am really nervous about going its the first time ive been abrord for 6 years i have been prescribed 2mg diazepam 3 times a day for 10 days but am really scared to take it i was thinking 1mg 2 times a day would this help? also would i become addicted to it after 10 days on this dose? any advise really would help thanksxxx

Re: diazapam

Hi, First of all hope you have a nice holiday - i have PD and agro too and am going on my first abroad holiday in agggesss at the end of may!

you would not become addicted after 10 days, especially as 2mg isnt a massive dose....it takes many months to years.

If you think 1mg twice a day will work theres no harm in trying that, when i started taking diazepam in january the doctor prescribed me 5mg three times a day and i found this way too high and i spent most days asleep and feeling out of it...i ended up taking half a tablet (2.5mg) once a day and that allowed me to function and quite frankly changed my life!

What i do now is i take half a tablet and if im still in a state after an hour i take the other half, 80% of the time i dont have to take the other half and it nps the thing in the bud x

thanks for the reply are you nervous about going on holiday? i am dredding it my family dont even know about my problems so god help them if i freak out and want to come home, thats the thing i know i cant come home i booked this holiday last year and wish id never booked it should have gone to cornwall instead least i could come home if i needed to, i am hoping the diazapam will help take the edge of my panic feelings i have had 3 panic attacks this week just thinking about it, hope you have a nice holiday too!

Hiya, yeah im really nervous about going - especially as im going by eurostar and my panic attacks have a history of being really really bad on trains Im not taking any diazepam for the train either....at the end of the day i've told myself worst that can happen is i get panic attacks, gonna throw myself in at the deep end.

Im going with my boyfriend who i know will be annoyed if my anxiety plays up - so extra pressure there but feeling determined. Luckily my exams are giving me more panic attacks at the moment so i can't get pent up about the holiday as much!

Im sure you'll be fine with the diazepam, its an absolute lifesaver despite its bad press!

thanks for the information i will let you know how the holiday goes thats if i dont throw myself overboard (going on a cruise)

Hi lucy,
    That's a very low dose,and over a short time. You will be fine taking it, and it will probably help you enjoy the holiday more.
    have a great time

mick

Quote Originally Posted by juicy lucy View Post
    thanks for the information i will let you know how the holiday goes thats if i dont throw myself overboard (going on a cruise)
    Have a good time, cruise sounds awsome! I wish i'd booked a boat across the channel! Im gonna be hundreds of meters under the sea in a leaky tunnel that sometimes catches fire (i think it did last year!) fun fun x

I was prescibed 5mg 3 times a day 4 weeks ago when i did my back in,knowing how addictive it is i only took 5mg just at night,wow what a difference it has made to me as i was not sleeping having HA panic attacks during the night had no energy and was depressed. i have been on so many anti depressants over the years which havent helped.I feel so much happier now i have energy i even did gardening this weekend and i hate gardening. I now have halved the dosage and am hoping for a refill tomorrow just for a short time then am thinking about trying 5-HTP ,hope this helps anyone who is struggling with wether or not to take this drug but obviously with caution.

hi came back from my hoilday yesterday, it was brilliant! i had to take the diazepam a couple of times just the first couple of days i feel so proud of myself for taking this big step i havent been away from home for 5 years i am already thinking about next years holiday!! if i can do it anybody can.....

nice one :O)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information