Thread: ovarian cancer or just HA again

ovarian cancer or just HA again

please help
    im so scared
    im frightened i have ovarian cancer. i had bloatedness last week and get mild pains in between my legs. the pains only started yesterday. i dont want to go to the docs again.
    please help
    choco x

Re: ovarian cancer or just HA again

Hi

I have had similar symptoms over the past couple of months - wind, bloatedness, pain and a sort of pressure in my lower abdomen. I convinced myself it was ovarian cancer. The doctor sent me for an abdominal and pelvic scan which were fine. I also had good blood test results like you did. The doctor said that, whilst it is not an adequate screening for specific cancers, it is a good overview of health and that your body is running normally and not fighting any infections etc.

I did a lot of reading about ovarian cancer when I thought I had it. It is very rare under 40. There is also a lot of evidence to suggest that having had children and being on the pill (even if you are not now) provide protection from this type of cancer.

I am now totally convinced that I don't have ovarian cancer but am now obsessing about bowel cancer as the scan couldn't really show up anything in the bowel!! Again, in my research I have learnt that it is rare under 40 and that 97% of bowel cancer is diagnosed in patients over 50.

I keep reading that cancer risk is higher after 40. God knows what I am going to be like then!!!

Don't worry about seeing your doctor. Tell them your fears. A simple pelvic scan can rule this out. Take care.

Re: ovarian cancer or just HA again

Duplicated post - please reply to the one below and I will close this one..

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50022

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information