Hi everyone

I've had this lump in my throat feeling for just over a week now and it is steadily getting worse! I feel like I've got phlegm stuck there which just won't shift and looking around the site I see that this is a common problem. The thing is I've started waking up in my sleep with my mouth totally dry-no saliva at all and my throat feeling really tight and then, of course, I panic thinking I can't breathe.I have to take a drink of water before I can go back to sleep and I wake up with the same feeling. This has only happened the past few days but about a week ago I started fearing going to bed thinking I wouldn't wake up and now this is really freaking me out because I wake up and all I can feel is this really dry mouth,tight throat and then the fear that I can't breath. I don't even know if I am breathing when this happens because I'm just so scared that its waking me up. Is this just normal anxiety and has anyone else ever woken up feeling their mouth is like sandpaper and their throat is blocked?

Thanks