Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have a DATE at 8 Help Please!

Re: Have a DATE at 8 Help Please!

Glad you had an enjoyable evening Mike and well done for not taking any xanax.
    Carol

Thanks Carol ........... these fears, anxiety, and wooziness are all new for me at my early 40's ... such a puzzle.

None of us need be totally alone ........ we can do this.

Mike

so glad to hear you had a lovely evening, well done you

best wishes

di xx

I can see it would be a puzzle Mike especially if its quite new to you. Ive been anxious for 30 years now, a dab hand at it! Ive found its got easier with age. I hope these feelings your having ease up soon
    Carol x

Quote Originally Posted by drummermike View Post
    Thanks Carol ........... these fears, anxiety, and wooziness are all new for me at my early 40's ... such a puzzle.

None of us need be totally alone ........ we can do this.
    Thanks for sharing your feelings. I haven't been on this forum for months, but am anxious about a similar thing, and just clicked on the forum out of curiousity (or misery?) and it was an odd coincidence this was the first thread.

I'm 42, have been single 8 years (after a brief romance which went wrong shattering my confidence in myself... I was the one who dumped him, but I don't know why I went from complete infatuation to... just not liking him (it wasn't anything he did wrong)... and I have been afraid of breaking anyone else's heart). A few months ago I met someone I really liked (felt a strong connection with), but didn't have a chance to get to know him. We have been talking on the web for months, and we're finally going to meet again properly (now both knowing that we have romantic feelings towards one another).

And I'm having kittens about it. I am tormented all the time by worst-case scenarios which jump into my mind, as well as by my digestive system misbehaving. I am very frightened. The guy knows I am anxious, and is nervous himself in different ways, so it's very similar to your situation.

So it was really nice hearing people being reassuring, and then reading how although you did have your anxiety symptoms at the start, just being with a nice person wins over. I hope that will be my experience too.

I have no idea why am I putting myself on the rack over this. I'm just trying to be detached about it and laugh at myself a bit. Less than a week to go now...

Anyway, thanks people here, you are still as wonderful as always,
    Min.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information