Thread: Please help!!

Please help!!

I've took a St Johns Wort today and I keep getting really anxious, I've got a metallic taste in my mouth, feels like my throat is closing up and I feel like I can't breathe. It doesn't seem like an allergic reaction more like anxiety but I need to convince myself it is just anxiety because I'm thinking the worst!

Does anyone feel like their tongue is too big for their mouth sometimes?

I'm always worried about taking medication so thought I'd try St Johns Wort instead.
    I feel so on edge!

Re: Please help!!

My tongue often feels as though it's too big for my mouth when I'm suffering from anxiety. Sometimes I find it difficult to talk because of this. But it is only due to anxiety.
    I'm also very scared of taking medication so I can sympathise with you over this. Whenever I take anything I become so anxious that I create all sorts of side effects. It's horrible!
    When I have to take anything I usually do it when I'm with someone else so I can talk for a while to take my mind off the expected side effects.

I've felt like this too -- It feels as though I am eating aluminium foil and as though it is electrified! I sometimes get so stressed that I can't speak and my tongue feels as though it's going to suffocate me D:

I try to get through it by sitting with someone (or even my cat) and talking to them about it -- even if they can't give you the reassurance that you need at least you get it out of your system and feel as though someone is there for you

Hi Kay, Don't worry, this is a common one during anxiety. I still get this when i take something new, i worry i will have an allergic reaction to it. What i do is take it when my partner is here then that way if i do have a reaction he can get help. I know that sounds mad but it's getting better as my anxiety is lessening. You are probably just thinking about it to much and are doing one of the classic anxiety symptoms you have tuned in on a certain part of your body ie your tongue, or mouth . And yes i am only to familiar with that feeling of my tongue being to big for my mouth ! But thats all it is , a feeling . Just relax allergic reactions are very very rare. Let us know how you get on with the St Johns Wort Love Paige x

Thanks for your replies everyone.

My partners just cooking tea (very late I know) so will have something to eat and try to take my mind of it. I've had some water too to calm myself down.

I don't know whether to carry on with the St Johns Wort or not. I always give up.

I took St John's Wort several years ago and although I had no adverse reaction in my mouth/tongue, it really upset my stomach and my IBS/diverticluitis. Had to stop it and have never tried it again although I know people who take it with no side effects lol.X

Sounds like anxiety. I have heard of this before but never experianced it. You will get through this although it sounds uncomfortable.I offer my support and a hug.

Thread Information