Thread: wisdom tooth infection PLEASE HELP =(

wisdom tooth infection PLEASE HELP =(

hello im new here,

i woke up 3 days ago with pain in my wisdom tooth which is partly erupted and it got really bad after that i went to a family dentist who saw me and said that i have an infection and he prescribed amox 500 mg i have been taking it for 34 hours and i don't see a difference it looks really swollen inside and im soo scared im shaking and crying every 5 min. i cannot take out this monster with infection and im doing it with local anesthesia and im so scared i can die im having alot of pressure in my jaw and teeth next to the impacted monster. please someone give me some inspirational advice!!!! im scared i have cancer or that im gonna feel everything when thay take out the tooth im currently taking motrin 800 and it only helps for a little while

Re: wisdom tooth infection PLEASE HELP =(

Quote Originally Posted by flamarella View Post
    hello im new here,

i woke up 3 days ago with pain in my wisdom tooth which is partly erupted and it got really bad after that i went to a family dentist who saw me and said that i have an infection and he prescribed amox 500 mg i have been taking it for 34 hours and i don't see a difference it looks really swollen inside and im soo scared im shaking and crying every 5 min. i cannot take out this monster with infection and im doing it with local anaesthesia and im so scared i can die im having alot of pressure in my jaw and teeth next to the impacted monster. please someone give me some inspirational advice!!!! im scared i have cancer or that im gonna feel everything when they take out the tooth im currently taking motrin 800 and it only helps for a little while
    I know toothache is very painful but it is not going to kill you and you do NOT have cancer.

Perhaps the dentist could prescribe you some other antibiotic that is more effective. I had amoxi and Metronidazole the other week for mine.

Re: wisdom tooth infection PLEASE HELP =(

Hi
    Ihave worked in dentistry for 20 years, wisdom tooth or any toothache is awful, but you are not going to die, and no its not cancer, antibiotics usually take about 24 hours to kick in, as trixie suggested go back to your dentist you might need another type of antibiotic, in the meantime try hot salty mouth washes, 1 teaspoon of salt in a small cup of boiled water cooled enough not to burn you, try holding it in the area for a minute or so and spit out, do this every 3hrs or so this should give you some relief.
    Good luck

Thread Information