Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to anybody who has had an MRI scan or brain scan of any sort...

Re: to anybody who has had an MRI scan or brain scan of any sort...

I had one years ago when I was complaining of hearing noises and dizziness, came back clear. Turns out it was tinnitus which I have noticed that I get when I have heavy cold flu symptoms or it can come and go when I am anxious I notice it especially if too quiet when I am going to sleep for example. I had all this way before I started with the anxiety attacks could do with one now for peace of mind.

Debbie
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Had one done for dizziness a couple of years ago. Came back clear, almost certain it was anxiety. Have to say I agree with the doctors.

I had one for headaches, ringing in the ears, and vertigo. MRI turned out fine. Turned out all this was caused by hayfever. Once I started using a neti pot I've not had any problems like this (knock wood!)

i have had two head ct's, both without contrast, they were both for chronic headaches and blurry vision, both came back normal, they were about four years apart. i guess i wont get so worried next time i get these headaches, i have moved on from the BT anxiety.

Over 10 years I've had a phobia about brain anueryms. When I was 16, my GP ordered at CT scan to help reassure me. I once went to the emergency room and fed the doctor everything I could think of to get him to give me a CT scan - bit naughty but I told him I had a family history (not true). Two years ago I had an MRI, which helped heaps. I had to pay for it ($470 Aus), but it was worth it for the reassurance it gave me. My GP ordered a CT scan for me last week, which was clear, because I told him how much my anxiety about having something wrong was effecting my life.
    If the anxiety doesn't get better in a couple of weeks he has agreed to referring me for an MRI - I'm just really hoping I can get a handle on my anxiety first.
    Then I'll feel better about myself and better about my bank balance
    Oh, all my scans have shown that there is nothing wrong. Despite extreme headaches, dizziness and all the fun anxiety can give us!

Quote Originally Posted by chellebelle View Post
    Over 10 years I've had a phobia about brain anueryms. When I was 16, my GP ordered at CT scan to help reassure me. I once went to the emergency room and fed the doctor everything I could think of to get him to give me a CT scan - bit naughty but I told him I had a family history (not true). Two years ago I had an MRI, which helped heaps. I had to pay for it ($470 Aus), but it was worth it for the reassurance it gave me. My GP ordered a CT scan for me last week, which was clear, because I told him how much my anxiety about having something wrong was effecting my life.
    If the anxiety doesn't get better in a couple of weeks he has agreed to referring me for an MRI - I'm just really hoping I can get a handle on my anxiety first.
    Then I'll feel better about myself and better about my bank balance
    Oh, all my scans have shown that there is nothing wrong. Despite extreme headaches, dizziness and all the fun anxiety can give us!
    I find it quite sad that you are so worried about your head so much. It is a pity you couldn't forget all about it and move on.

I asked for one and paid for it. I had constant giddiness and blurred vision. I was convinced I had MS as my sister has been disgnosed 3 yrs ago and had same symptoms. Scan was normal, still didn't believe there was nothing wrong, but since then have had other symptoms I have been equally sure were something sinister. Have managed to begin to accept the possibility its all anxiety.

i do have anxiety and have done so for many years, but I have one of those somatoform disorders, a very hard one to deal with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information