Thread: Does This Happen To You??

Does This Happen To You??

ok so every time i go to the dentist i feel my heart beating really hard and fast i feel like its about to blast through my chest!!! does that happen to anyone in the dentist or doctor?? am i going to have a heart attack?

2. Re: Does This Happen To You??

You're not going to have a heart attack, keep telling yourself that. It's just anxiety, and there are ways to deal with that. It's a horrible feeling, I know, but the next time your heart starts racing, you might want to try a breathing exercise to calm yourself down, if these start escalating to full blown panic attacks such as palpitations and hyperventilation, you want a paper bag and perhaps your doctor can give you some advice or even medication such as beta-blockers (which stunts adrenaline and calms you down).

Can you imagine?

View my actual signature here

Re: Does This Happen To You??

Well I get it a little bit, But remember, they are just nerves. You're a bit nervous and it causes your heart-rate to improve,You will not have a heart attack ^^

It sounds like you're having a small Panic Attack and no you can't get a heart attack from one of those as heart attacks generally happen when there's damage to the heart over a long long period of time.

thanks you guys!!! im just deathly scared of the dentist tomorrow im going to pull out the wisdom =(

im very sad because i dont have money for insurance and i live in miami where everything is extremely expensive my job is doing bad. i dont have a therapist thats why i come here for advise! my friend let me have a Klonopin and she told me to take it before i go that i would feel really relaxed at the dentist!!! im hoping it all works out

Thread Information