View Poll Results: what bowel related symptoms do you suffer? (if atall)

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • excess wind / trapped wind

6 5.94%
  • problems with stools - i.e flat,soft etc

9 8.91%
  • abominal pain and / or nausea

7 6.93%
  • i have more than one of above but have not been diagnosed with IBS

46 45.54%
  • i have been diagnosed with IBS

27 26.73%
  • none of the above, thanks very much!

6 5.94%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: problems with the bowels?

problems with the bowels?

it's a topic that often comes up and I searched and could not find a poll, so may be helpful to see just how many people do suffer from either IBS or just problems with the bowels? i am also interested as it seems to be quite commonly linked to stress, which is in no doubt caused by the various anxieties we suffer! sorry for unpleasant subject matter!

Re: problems with the bowels?

Hi Kathy

I have had IBS for about 20 years, only had anxiety problems for about 4 months now, but I do find I have had more trouble with it since the anxiety.

i haven't had any problems before until recently, my anxiety seems to have set it off but it's all the symptoms of IBS but not very extreme. if it gets much worse i was going to talk to my GP about it.

It's good that we can talk about stuff like this on here, without people getting offended or anything

I have had probs with loose stools, excess wind, everything really apart from constipation

I have never been diagnosed with IBS, although after I had a flexible sygmoidoscopy, I was handed an IBS leaflet

I thought that IBS was one or the other problems (dia or const) but now they are saying (I think) that it can be just dia or const. So maybe I have it, I dunno

Do you have to keep to a special diet if you have it? I don't eat '5 a day' cause if I did, I would never be out of the bathroom

Els
    xxx

I have had a vague pain running down the left side of my abdomin between my belly button and bottom pelvis which comes and goes and varies in intensity - ever since my second son was born - about 4 years. My GP has had me get two different ultrasounds and blood tests. She is convinced I have IBS so I try to believe her. Also have had nausea and mild constipation. I am only 36 so she says I should not think that it is anything more serious.

I always have runs and nausea when I am in anxiety, panic attacks stage (days, weeks) - when I am getting over it my digestion and appetite gets normal.
    Therefore I connect these two together for me personnally.
    I even have const coming occassionnally - but as soon as go on a daily drinking yougurt doze - it works as a clock.

take care all

ha this is the cause of my anxiety i am under a dr at hospital for my tummy he bullied me into takin setraline at night for ibs i took had really bad nights sleeps disturbances palputaions etc and have been suffering from anxiety ever since. I have also been in an out of hospital even had a morphine injection at the hospital for it came close to havin my appendict out because of it

I was not sure which box was more important i suffer trapped wind (soooo painful) sickness and nausea (not all at the same time )).
    Docs have said ""probably IBS"" caused by anxiety!!!!
    June

I am also worried about this as it seem's to me if you complain to your doctor about upset stomach and abdominal pains and bowel movements and stool form, he/she say I.B.S...
    Yet i understand that symptoms differ from person to person, but please can anyone reasure me that they have the same symptoms as me.., my symptoms are slight abdominal pains from time to time and excess wind, but my stool form is always changeing its very rarely what i would regard as normal or constipated, mostly, loose, mushy, floating and sometimes diarohea, this has always been the case and i cant ever remeber it ever being consistant or normal for any period of time, it changes all the time, even sometimes during the same sitting.. I really feel embarrased about talking about this i also suffer from anxiety, nerves..

Help please

Diverticular disease (with bouts of diverticulitis) since 1976 (I do not suffer from HA).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information