Thread: Sideeffects

Sideeffects

Ok so antidepress meds take 2 - 3 weeks to kick in but can side effects start straightaway?

Re: Sideeffects

simple answer is yes

It really puts me off taking them..................as if anxiety isnt crap enough without the extra sideeffects stuff?
    How do you put up with it?

The fear of side effects was a problem for me and was the main reason I delayed taking then for 3 months until I felt I had no other options.

I started taking 20mg of citalopram 5 almost 6 weeks ago and sat back and waited for the dreaded side effects to start torturing me.

To date (knock wood!) I have not experienced one side effect-nothing I could even remotely relate to a possible side effect.

I was beginning to think my system wasn't absorbing these drugs because it seemed impossible to me NOT to have side effects !!

So now when I look back -yes I was terrified of the side effects but I took them anyway due to my desperate state . The fear of staying where I was mentally vs the possibility of improvement pushed me over the edge.

Apparently many people take citalopram without side effects-who knew? I probably wouldn't have believed it myself but it is true.

I started lexapro almost 4 weeks ago and have no expierecned really any side effects other then being a bit dizzy the first like 2 days, and then when upping dosage.

they way i looked at it was this.. Am i willing to put up with a few days or weeks of unpleasnt but MANAGEABLE side effects to help with the tourture i've been living for this long. My answer was yes.

Today i felt better then i have in MONTHS.
    Give em a try. i was terrified too, but if i can do it u can too.

Thread Information