This site has been so helpful in telling me that I'm worrying about nothing but I still get upset and fearful when I have an episode of skipped beats.

I can go days without feeling one but I had a lot of them last night after I had spent 3 hours digging and planting in the garden. I was fine whilst working but noticed the ectopics come on an hour or so after I stopped. They came and went for a couple of hours before gradually reducing in frequency. I have had a couple this morning.

I first noticed these when drinking alcohol and had the worst episode the day after a wedding when I ate and drank too much. I have eased back on the booze but I still get skipped beats.

I am fairly fit and played football every weekend until I stopped 3 years ago. I never noticed one skipped beat before my first panic attack 2 years ago but now I don't think I will ever miss one when it happens. For the record I had all the tests after that panic attack and they detected no problems.

I reckon these skipped beats occur when I am tired - I have had quite a lot of them after going to football matches (without beer) - and are exacerbated by worrying about them. They also tend to come on if I eat or drink too much.

Not sure there's anything anyone can say in response but I just felt like posting about my problem, particularly as I don't know anyone else who suffers from this.

It's good to talk.