Thread: Obsessive thinking patterns

Thumbs down Obsessive thinking patterns

Does anybody suffer any of this OCD thinking patterns? (sorry it's a long post on my worries).

Fear of losing my mind, going more mad.

Fear of losing control of my actions and doing something against my values.

Scared of my own mind, doubt my self when negative thoughts pass me by.

Feeling my life has to be orderly, everything is run in a pattern and my future is mapped out.

Obsessive over colours, clothes, music anything in general due to HOCD thoughts fearing it's not man enough.

Horrible thoughts like I am going to die.

HOCD thoughts fearing I'm no longer into woman when I am, fearing of facing loved ones, friends and even that bad I worry I may fancy myself and have to check my down below area.

Worried about dating, future, relationship OCD if I am in a relationship/fears they she will leave me, worrying she will cheat on me.

Fears about telling people my past, either don't say or say it all in fear they will run away later in life.

Scared when dating that they have to be "ideal", even if it's just dating I have a guilty conscience that I can't meet anybody I half like, or is not nice enough, OCD over there looks, personality, background. I know it sounds shallow but it's OCD.

In work fearing I will lose control, shout at customers, do something extreme, walk out.

Future worries, work, where I will be.

Worrying about becoming low class, homeless, cheap and losing my self respect.

Obsessive over my body, have to be perfect, toned in every way.

Orderly about breakfast, can't miss breakfast or I may become too slim and feel faint or become too slim.

Obsessively worry over any changes, worrying the world is getting worse, change causes me sadness, distress, some changes can be good. Feeling I have to change to keep up, feeling the need to be in fashion.

Generally anxious round people due to negative thoughts, they cause me distress meaning I can be moody, unrelaxed, scared, paranoid.

Extremely paranoid everybody knows my thoughts, analyze me, pick up tension signals, guess my thoughts due to these signals think they are what I am really thinking even if it's "omg go away horrible thought" and my eyes wander or my face goes red or I feel uneasy.

Back to the change one, anything I've not done in a while causes me anxiety whether it be food, social activity ect.

Cleaning OCD, personal hygiene, need to spay alot of deodorant, then worry I will die from putting too much on. Obsessively using toilet roll, excessive hand washing, double cleaning floors/surfaces. Being orderly that I need two showers EVERY day. Needing to change clothes regular.

Addition OCD, worrying I am addicted to the computer, xbox, tv, sex, anything that takes up alot of my time.

The weather causes me anxiety due to change, people changing for the worst worries me in case I do. Worrying I am old, past it, time is passing me by, extreme pressure to move my life forward to the degree I stress to the max. Words worry me if I act different, say anything different I worry I'm changing, or getting personality disorder.

Can anybody relate to this? I feel it's taken over my life and I'm thinking way ahead of my self and these negative thoughts are driving me crazy? They seem so real, so controlling my actions are more compulsions. What can I do? I try to relax?

Re: Obsessive thinking patterns

HI,
    I am oversensitive! You are over sensitive! Positive thoughts fight with negative thoughts all the time! Which is right? Neither!!!! Life is both things for the rest of its existence. Good/bad, it's all laced with the same black and white attitude.... Life is in the middle. I have done research from religious people, tolerant people, average, depressive, anxious, angry, idealistic, suckers, scientoligists, hypnotists etc. Anyone who expresses an opinion.

Happy people don't worry about the future! Unhappy people either don't plan ahead, or expect certain things from life experiences. Life is never what we would expect! Not having any dreams leaves us lost & aimless!

That's all I got so far. What matters to you about life??? What matters is what is meant to be our focus, whatever that happens to be. People lecture, because they found one that works 4 them. Everyone has something in life that evens them out. Sometimes it was there the whole time.... Sometimes it takes a little longer. It is worth the patience....

Melody

i think u need some medication dude

DO NOT think your alone, because this is VERY COMMON. There are THOUSANDS of people with this type of OCD. Its just OCD. It will go away with TIME.

My OCD doesn't have any limitations, I can obsess over absolutely anything. Like if I can't sleep one night instead of just finding it annoying and frustrating like most people, I panic and obsess that I will never sleep again and then collapse from exhaustion, even though that is stupid.

Some things I've got alot better with and when I notice myself getting a bit ocd about something I can sometimes curb it by just accepting the way I feel and not engaging in it.

Lots of people have the same obsessions and worries as you, see if you can try and work on improving one thing at a time, maybe something that causes you least distress first. The less you engage in OCD, the less you feel obsessive about things and vice versa.

Hi Phil, I have suffered with most of those at some point, not all at once though. I do agree that time heals some of them. Life experience cures some of the others because it gives you more self-confidence and you confront some of the fear-causing situations and either learn to deal with them, or realise they aren't so bad after all.

I am stuck in a pattern of negative thinking which traps me in my anxiety (to some extent). I am still finding ways to deal with them.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoPoet View Post
    Hi Phil, I have suffered with most of those at some point, not all at once though. I do agree that time heals some of them. Life experience cures some of the others because it gives you more self-confidence and you confront some of the fear-causing situations and either learn to deal with them, or realise they aren't so bad after all.

I am stuck in a pattern of negative thinking which traps me in my anxiety (to some extent). I am still finding ways to deal with them.
    Thanks. I do suffer from all but not all at once. Some were a few months ago, some are worries at the moment they change day to day. Some are more intense worries and last all the time.

I think the tackling one at a time is good advice. Perhaps tackling smaller ones first.

I know it's silly but some how when the OCD kicks in it has a control over me.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Does anybody suffer any of this OCD thinking patterns?
    hi phil, i myself have some of these thoughts (not all) - being overly paranoid, trying to figure out what others think of me, fear of losing the plot, thinking i will get so stressed out one day my head will actually explode, completely obsessed with appearance etc - i could go on!

you are not alone. as for how to deal with these thoughts, i don't know - the stress related ones, i just try and remove myself from the situation go somewhere quiet to calm down a bit. the paranoia and appearance things are everyday things which affect my life both at home and at work. i jsut get frustrated with my self.

I have found that as I have started feeling better in general, my negative thinking has died down. I noticed a big difference after my first hypnotherapy session. Negative thoughts do still occur but not as often and they are easier to get past. It helps to know exactly what causes them, or if there is no specific reason behind them, you need to identify what triggers them.

The best idea is the most widely used piece of advice: follow your thoughts through to their logical conclusion. Most of the time our negative thoughts "fizzle out" if you follow them through. They are just there to scare you, they haven't got any other power over you. They're a one-trick pony. Once you have got their trick sussed, you are a step closer to beating them.

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

Have almost all of the obsessive thoughts from your list.

Dont worry, it is just an unmaterial thought, it is not real.

be patient

Thread Information