Thread: pregnancy fear

pregnancy fear

hi all
    been feeling a bit better recently and although my partner and i had always talked about having another baby, im worried because didnt come on today and im usually on time.
    the doc says im not pregnant tho its still early days and it might not show yet.
    im frightened i might not cope but im also scared there might be another reason for my periods to stop.
    i dont think its stress as ive been stressed for nearly a year and the only effect its had is making my period heavy.
    please advise
    choco x

Re: pregnancy fear

Hi there!

what makes your doctor think you are NOT pregnant? Did you do a test?
    There are some very good pregnancy tests that will give you quite an accurate result, even at this early stage! They'r the most expensive type but worth it to find out for definate. I would do this before start worrying about what else it might be. x

Pink x

hi Pink
    thanks for replying
    My doc did a test and it was negative. if i am pregnant i will only be a couple of weeks so doc said it might not show up yet.
    Will perhaps buy one tomorrow but was so worried because ive had this impending doom for months thinking something is wrong and maybe this is a sign that it is.
    fed up with worrying about everything
    choco x

Hi there

I can't say much about when a pregnancy would show although I'm guessing chances are you're not pregnant if the test was negative. Still another test would be a good idea just to make sure.

As for the missing period mine just stopped months ago and I was very regular as well.My doctor isn't concerned about it because she thinks it could be pcos (which is nothing to worry about so don't concern yourself with that) and I've had it for longer than when my periods stopped so it took a long while for that to show as a symptom for me so really it could just be lots of stress finally affecting you. If it persists and your pregnancy tests are still negative then go and talk to you doctor and talk about it but I was told that the odd missing period really isn't anything to worry about if pregnancy has been ruled out.

I don't think this is a very clear post lol but basically if you're not pregnant I wouldn't worry because it probably will be stress.

Thread Information