Thread: Can this really be anxiety, PLEASE HELP?

Can this really be anxiety, PLEASE HELP?

I post all the time to others and try to calm them down but now I need your help. I have had HA for several years and I am used to the muscle aches that come with it but this is different and different is bad. For months now I have been having moderate pain in the tip of my right big toe, the tip of my right index finger and my tailbone. The pain isn't constant and isn't always in the same place but it has been going on for quite a while and sometimes I feel it in other toes or fingers or even on my left side, like it is spreading. I am really upset that this is something degenerative or perhaps a brain, lung or other tumor. I have searched this site for others with finger tip and toe tip pain but I haven't seen anything. Someone who has experienced this PLEASE post otherwise I am not going to be able to resist the urge to google. I am losing my fight to keep this under control. The next step is a total meltdown. I just can't shake this feeling of doom that this is the beginning of the end. HELP! For what it is worth, I am not on any medication.

Re: Can this really be anxiety, PLEASE HELP?

ive never had pains in my finger or toes but i get a lot in my back hips etc its all apart of the stress and anxiety building up in your body!! thats why some ppl find that therapies such as aromatherapy and massages help to stop the tension building up!! A lot of ppl get pains from the stress tension that builds up your body just shows it in different ways and obiviously yours is showing it through your fingers and toes!!
    Last edited by fedupofanxiety; 13-06-09 at 16:36.

I hope you are right but I just want to scream I am getting so worked up.

hi you will be relieved to hear i get this aswell,mine got so bad in my left foot i couldnt wear shoes for 13months,i had to wear flip flops even in winter.I was tested for all sorts and they decided its anxiety i still have it now,and my hands lock up with it

I am not relieved in the sense that I feel badly that you too suffer this but it does help to know that this could be anxiety. Do you ever pain in the joints of your hand and feet? Does the pain in your finger tips and toe tips feel like a nerve pain more than a muscle pain? The pain feels deep inside my finger sometimes but other times my big toe hurts to have a bed sheet on it at night. Still sound like anxiety?

J2

Anxiety will manifest itself in our bodies in many , many different weird and not so wonderful ways. like you, anything different to what i know is bad, and its difficult to get your head around, but really what ever the symptom, i really truely believe anxiety could show itself physically as anything. i have had many things at first that i wouldnt have EVER believed to be caused by anxiety. i get aches and pains most of the time and pretty much affecting everywhere, sometimes moving around, sometimes staying in the same place, thats what makes us doubt it , its not consistant.

i know you said you are not on any meds, but have you consulted your doctor, and if yes what did they say?

I wish i could take your anxiety away, but hope you managed to calm down a little by talking it through..

P x

j2..i get exactly the same as you ..and it is anxiety..i also dont take any meds...its amazing how it can make us feel..but please remember its anxiety..after all you said you have had it for a few months now..try and relax a bit..take care marie..if i can help anymore please ask

I really appreciate all the kind words. I am trying so hard to get it through my thick head that this is all anxiety. I post frequently to people telling them to relax but i suck at taking my own advice. Does anyone know if meds will help this? I am afraid of meds but this is really harming my confidence and my everyday life.

Hi J2

I sometimes get this feeling in my left toe, it may be a touch of gout which can appear in other joints but usually starts with a big toe, I know we consider this an old fashioned complaint but when I have over-indulged rather a lot it can flair up for a week or two. It may be worth checking out the symptoms of gout to see if they are like yours, (not life treatening so don't worry, just a little uncomfortable). I have friends from size 6 to 16 that suffer.

Chin up
    Mistral x

j2, I went through a period 2 years ago where all the nerves in my feet / toes felt really painful, like they were going to cramp all the time. I can identify with what you said about not being able to tolerate bed sheets on them. At one point I was sleeping with my feet dangling outside the bed because I couldn't bear anything to touch them at all. I tried heat pads and everything, but nothing helped. I even bought some of those air cushioned in-soles for my shoes. I think the symptoms lasted 3 months and I thought I would go mad with worry. However, with time, they eventually subsided.

Thread Information