Thread: AMBULANCES

AMBULANCES

IVE JUST SEEN A TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AND AS SOON AS THE AMBULANCE CAME I STARTED TO FEEL DIZZY N PANICKY I WAZ JUST WONDERING IF N E BODY ELSE FEELS LIKE THIS WEN THEY SEE AN AMBULANCE

yeh, but only because i hate hospitals and ive been in one.

it could have been your adrelalin starting to go, the whole feeling of not being in control and that suddenly things arent normal around you.
    it also comes down to caring about others and deep down worrying what if?.
    i have had panic attacks when i passed a car accident once.
    and i know others have felt very low when they have seen or heard about accidents, and i think what you have experienced is very simular.
    x stormy

only my pals know my logic

Hi Hanna

When my anxiaty was acute, anything would kick things off,
    eg, phon rings, knock on door, kids making weird sounds
    and ambulance. it all freak me out.
    As for the ambulance, next time you hear one just think
    about all the good work they do and how they help people.
    anything that is positive.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

Fear is only as the mind allows.

Hanna, I used to feel exactly the same as you. Infact if I ever saw an accident with ambulances at the scene my 'empathy nerves' went into overdrive and I imagined the worst ie the patient is going to die. This led to me feeling anxious and dizzy. However a couple of years ago I was attending a 'garden party' and unfortunately I suffered a mis-carriage. All of a sudden I was the 'patient' and people were fussing over me and I got taken away in an ambulance. Since then I no longer have a fear of them - as a vehicle to take you to hospital. Although I do still hate passing accident scenes.
    Love Dawn x

Hi Hanna,
    I still get a little bit jittery when I see ambulances too but not as much as I used to. Last year I had a car crash and was strapped to a board and taken to hospital in the ambulance. I remember telling the paramedics I suffer from anxiety but when it actually happened to me I stayed really calm and just coped with it. Now I tell myself how great they are that they help so many people.
    LJ

Hi Hanna

Where i work ambulances come in now and then and i have felt just like you. I guess it is relating our illness to it and a worry that it could be us.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information