Thread: GOOD NEWS

GOOD NEWS

Hi,
    Not sure where to post this, but I just wanted to let you all know I have had my first scan and the baby seemed fine. It was so nice to see it on the screen it really makes it feel real!! I didn't see a consultant today that appointment isn't until 27th Sept., which is a shame, because I could have done with some reassurance and they don't seem particularly bothered about scanning me more often, even after what happened to Cory.

I got myself quite scared before we went. I was convinced there wasn't going to be a heartbeat, but thank goodness there was. I'll just be much more relieved when I get past 20weeks, which was when we lost Cory.

I have had loads of ectopics yesterday and today. We even went out for a long walk yesterday, the weather was so nice, and I even had them then.

Love, Linda.xxx

Hi Lin,

Aww big hugs to you hun - I had a very tricky pregnancy with my eldest daughter (now 18) and I know I needed constant reassurance with the following two.

Is the appt on the 27th the cardiologist or a pregnancy consultant?

Love Piglet xx

Hi Lin

Good to be past one mile stone. Well done

You can always discuss another scan with your midwife if you think you need one

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Piglet,
    Its the consultant appointment. Apparently it will be down to him if I need to see the cardiologist or not. I did see a midwife today - all she wanted to talk about was me being over the 35 and all the screening tests I could have, which I don't want - and I mentioned the ectopics to her, but she just said that the anathaetist would be informed at the time of giving birth??? I can't do much now, but wait to see what my consultant says.

Linda.x

Hi Lin,

Given that your next appt isn't until the 27th and even then it's not certain you will have to see the cardiologist, has that given you some reassurance that its obviously not a major worry to them???

My sister had her 2nd baby when she was 39 and I remember her telling me how many tests and things were talked about etc - she said she felt really old (she looks nothin like her age) and didn't like it at all.

Love Piglet xx

Hi Piglet,

NO!!!!!! I'm useless, I don't know what would give me reassurance with the way I feel at the moment. They are still totally terrifying me and the more I worry about them the worse they get.

I can sympathise with your sister. Everyone tells me that I only look I'm in my twenties, but I know I'm 38 and I hate it! I don't want to risk any of the invasive tests as they carry a risk of miscarriage, but I will have the 20week scan, which is when they have a good look at the baby and hopefully everything will be ok.

Take care, Love,
    Linda.xxx

Thread Information