Thread: My unusual symptoms

My unusual symptoms

Ok I do get alot of the more common symptoms I read about on these forums chest pains, dizyness, nausea etc.. But I have been getting some odd ones for over 2 months, they include getting a metallic taste in my mouth (I get this at least once everyday).. Odd smells, kind of like an electric smell is the best way I can describe it, Sharp prickles randomly around my legs as if someone is prodding me with a small needle. A thumping that gradually comes and goes in my right ear, feels like water is in there. Today in the shower for the first time ever (this is gonna sound sick) there a was clump of hair in the plughole stopping the water from sinking, now I kno losing strands of hair can be normal, but this was ALOT.. sorry to be graphic but feeling about it doesn't seem like any hair was lost from anywhere (I have not heard about this happen to anyone and it sounds quite serious).. These are all symptoms that sound like something is seriouslly wrong with me, I mean if I had just the one I'm sure I could forget it, but I have a good amount of odd and rare symptoms.. I have had a blood test recently which was normal but I just don't know where to go from here.. A recent post from mine was mentioning my worries on a brain tumour (MY BIG FEAR), I am all ready waiting to see a neurologist.. What do you all think about these symptoms? Thanks
    Last edited by JOE89; 21-06-09 at 17:48.

Re: My unusual symptoms

Hi joe

Ill try and help you out with one or two of these symptoms.Ill just say that my HA started off with a brain tumor too.I had a wierd feeling in my head like a tap dripping in my skull and i felt out of it all the time.turned out was hay fever!!

metallic taste in mouth:gum disease.im currently getting treatement for this
    but the metallic taste is a common symptom.

hair loss: I had to go to the doc with this as my hairdresser found a few bald spots on my head. doc said could be alopecia. i was so upset. anyway it turned out was a combination of stress and slightly low iron levels.

My neighbour had a brain tumor and she kept falling over all the time so I seriously doubt you have one! most people with HA think they have a braintumor at some point x

Re: My unusual symptoms

I have had the metallic taste in my mouth , I thought it was the Lansoprazole i was on at the time but have been of them for ages and still get it. I once had a panic attack because i got an odd smell that no one else got , i get those prickles on my arms . Maybe you have got something in your ear have you had it checked, could just be wax. You know i think us anxious people are so tuned into our bodies we feel every little thing, one little twinge is enough to set me of some days but most days i just dont think about it. I bet the neurologist says you do not have anything wrong with your brain good luck Love Paige x

Thread Information