Thread: hi i'm new and should be asleep!!

hi i'm new and should be asleep!!

Having a lot of trouble sleeping at the moment. Just been through a grievance procedure for bullying and harrassment at work and have been told that it has not been upheld! A lot of people have ganged up on me along with work colleagues who have not come to my aid (which I thought they would). Been off sick now for 5 weeks with stress & depression & know that I can't go back. Have decided that maybe I'm not a particularly nice person after all. Husband has been very supportive up until last couple of days. He thinks I should go back now. After reading some of the fabricated stories on the investigative notes and people not saying that had witnessed any of my allegations I feel as if I've been stabbed in the back a hundred times. I shall be resigning tomorrow as I can't face going back into the office again!! Anyone know that feeling? Help
    Last edited by doorbell; 22-06-09 at 00:26.

Re: hi i'm new and should be asleep!!

Hi Doorbell,

Welcome to NMP. I have never been in your particular work situation but I do suffer with anxiety and some stress issues. I also have trouble sleeping and knows how that can affect everything in your life. You are probably feeling like no-one cares about you right now but they do. Your husband doesn't suffer so he doesn't truly understand why it is lasting as long as it is. Communication is the key for you two to come together on this issue. I think you should get some counseling for both your depression and sleep issues, and talk about whatever happened at work. You will find that many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

Hi Doorbell. Please donot blame yourself for this decision as I know from two of my friends who seemed to have cut and dried cases for work place bullying and harrassment that support from collegues can vanish once you step outside the the office door. Everyone will be keeping their heads down in view of the current climate. One of my friends resigned and the other went back and found that because she had raised the issues and the culprit had been named, that things were much calmer even though she did not get the result she wanted. I would take a bit more time to let things sink in before you make your decision. You could maybe go back while you look for another job. Don't be forced out, take your time.

Veronica

Thank you for your support. Have not handed notice in yet, still signed off sick for another week and hoping that when Citalopram kicks in my have a clearer view on things! Still feeling very anxious and depressed. Sunny day here but can't face going outside. Becoming quite reclusive, no friends or family here, could drive 200 miles to see them but have no motivation. How do I snap out of this? Feel like I've lost control>

hi doorbell,,,,,

i too was bullied in work but i took the cowards way out and handed in my notice after 5 yrs working wit the same company... i was also bullied in school and i dont think i ever got over it., but dont let thebullies take over your life, i did and i want to have another baby with my partner but im not in the right frame of mind at the minute panick attacks have taken over my life ... dont let it take over urs ... dont let these bullies get there way,,, remember ur a good person.... u deserve a healthy working envirnoment and if these guy/ girls want to be school yard bullies ignore them and wade it out please dont run away like i did.......

Thanks for Scared 27f for your advice,
    I know it could be seen as running away and I suppose the bullies have won, but for the sake of my sanity I will have to leave and move on with my lfe. I think that once I am free of this situation I can try and start to feel "positive" about my life. I do hope so anyway

Hi doorbell,
    Im new here and off work with panic attacks, not helped by work problems. Bullies never win in the long run they will always be sad and insecure. You on the other hand will hopefully choose to move on to bigger and better things and maybe you will find it a lot easier to deal with depression with out then draining all your energy.
    Hope it works out for you peace and love

Charlie

Thank you for that. Hope everything gets better for you too

Thread Information