Thread: mole removal..

mole removal..

I went to the doctors this morning about the mole I was worried about - the doctor said it didn't look like anything nasty but that I could have it removed just so I am not constantly worrying about it.
    I am having it done at the doctors, so I was just wondering if anyone knows how they remove it, as in do they slice it off/burn it off?

Re: mole removal..

I am not sure exactly how they do it but my mum had 3 took off her face all at once - she didn't ask what they would do coz she was nervous. She said that they gave her the local, she closed her eyes, thought happy thoughts & it was all over & done with in about 30 minutes & she didnt feel a thing. She had 3 little scars just afterwards but they were parctically invisible in a matter of weeks

hi, it depends on if they think its dodgy or not. For non-dodgy ones they burn off normally. If they think it might be dodge they do a scrape biopsy... or if its a little more serious a punch biopsy. If they def think its a nasty one they perform an excision using a scalpel.

It also depends on the location in some areas on the body (such as the shoulder blades if your skinny) you can't have a punch biopsy so easily (a punch biospy requires stitches) which tend to pull over the shoulder blades.

I had a punch biopsy last week... doesn't hurt during the proceedure! hurt like hell afterwards!!!

all the best and pm me if you have any questions

jess xxx

Hi

I had some removed surgically and some burned off. Neither procedure was too big a deal but both brought enormous relief from the worry about moles.

Amu

The type of procedure often depends on size/location rather than whether they think the mole is dodgy or not. So an inscision, for example, does not mean the mole was "worse" than if they scraped it off.

I had one on my forearm removed surgically and had 5 stitches nothing to it and it came back fine, huge relief as I was convinced it was serious xx

I am worried about a mole on my leg, it has gone dry and flaky; stupid I know, but don't want to bother the GP again as I visited twice last week for blood pressure test and routine blood test, followed up by the results 5 days later. Looked at the Mole Clinic run by Superdrug, but this is £115 for consultation by a dermatologist and I presume that if they find anything 'dodgy' you would still have to be referred back to your GP anyway?

Thread Information