Thread: Pain, shame and I am so scared. Please help.

Pain, shame and I am so scared. Please help.

I am a long time sufferer of HA and GAD and I really feel like I am losing this battle. I am 37 BTW. I am terrified right now and losing my wits. I really need some reassurance, especially from anyone who has had these symptoms. About 6 months ago my right big toe hurt like I had dropped something on it. It lasted several days. It came back a few days later and has continued to wax and wane ever since. It has spread to a similar feelings in other toes. About a month ago I started having a recurring but not constant pain the tip of my right index finger. It has now spread to other fingers on both hands but mostly on the right. By now I am totally terrified of MS, ALS or some tumor. I can feel pain in my joints, especially my elbows and knees. I feel weak, dizzy, my arm and leg muscles are cramping and I am exhausted often. I am afraid to go to my doctor since he thinks I am crazy plus I am REALLY scared of what he might find. I can't take this anymore, I am completely consumed by worry and I have nowhere else to turn but to you. Please tell me this is going to be fine and that I am not going to die a horrible death anytime soon. I feel like I am finished, I am ashamed that I can’t handle this and can no longer enjoy my family or friends. Please talk to me!

Re: Pain, shame and I am so scared. Please help.

ill talk to you. I have HA too. I understand. I wish it was as easy as saying "ur fine, just stop worrying" but we both know its not. you need to go to the doc to get 100% reassurance just like I do. Who cares what the doc thinks, thats why hes there, right? I hope u feel better

I do really really appreciate you posting and understanding. I have this odd fear that if I post a question and nobody responds, that I somehow am the only one with these symptoms and therefore these symptoms aren't anxiety and I am totaly really sick and I am going to die. Crazy huh?

Any sharing or posting would be great. I don't mean to nag but I am really having a rough day and would love to hear from you.

Is there another doctor you could see? You really need to see someone just for peace of mind. Imagine the relief you'll feel when your told everything is ok. At least then your body and mind can have some peace xx

Mabelina xx

I Am Sure You Will Be Ok. Find A Doctor That You Feel Confortable With. I Have Fibromyalgia. I Used To Have A Lot Of Pain In My Hold Body And Felt Vert Tire. I Went To A Chiropractor He Found Out That I Needed Vitamines, Exercise And Eat Organic Food. I Am Very Sensitve To Quimicals, Smells Everything. Since Then, 2003, I Fell Better.

J2 about 15 years ago I started to have spasms in my legs, loss of weight, diarrhea from hell, night terrors, palpitations so loud I had to sleep with the TV on, I dropped to 120 pounds and I'm a 6'2" male. I become so convinced and terrified that I was going to die, and soon. I was terrified to go to the doctor because I knew he was going to tell me that I had cancer and it was over.

As it turns out, I had a hyperthyroid that would have been fixed easily along time ago.

If your doctor is telling you, you are crazy, you need to get another doctor. Whether it is physical or mental, you need to get to the root of the problem.

Believe me, you will feel better than sitting around waiting for doomsday.

Thread Information