Thread: can thinking about things make it worse

can thinking about things make it worse

Hi all, well i am still mid fear of MS i have noticed my legs twitch and jump a lot hence my other thread. I have for 2 weeks been very tuned in to my body and i notice every singe jump/ twitch and worry. I have never had a panic attack but i will sit down and the onlything i can think of is 'when will that next twitch happen' and when it does i worry. I know anxiety is a visous circle but is thinking about a symptom enough for a twitch to actually happen? i am really trying to sort my anxiety out and i guess the first step is to except it isnt MS but anxiety. In fact this morning i dont think i have though about Anything else besides the twitches, even watching telly im not really watching i am waiting x

Re: can thinking about things make it worse

Thinking about it makes you focus yourself about it more, thus making things feel worse then they actually are. Thinking about it cannot really make it worse, but it can make it seem worse since you are so focussed on it!
    As for thinking about it so much actually making it happen...Hrmsh that might be, since when im in a fear spell I seem to be experiencing the "Symptons" alot more then when I'm not worried at all...

Re: can thinking about things make it worse

Yes. The conscious and subconscious mind has a lot more control over the body than you might think. It can make anything twitch, hurt, at will.
    Sit and think about anything long enough and you'll give yourself it, especially itches (can you say headlice?), twitches and for me, toothache. In fact I'll probably have toothache all day now lol...

Thread Information