Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I STILL NEED YOUR HELP-REALLY BAD DAY TODAY

I STILL NEED YOUR HELP-REALLY BAD DAY TODAY

Hi everyone,

I just need your help and reassurance again....sorry but its the usual thing of missed beats etc..

I have tried not to focus on them and think about them all the time, but they are still there. Last night, I went up to bed and as soon as I lay down I could feel my heart going mad. I felt my pulse and sure enough it was all over the place. I took a deep breath and changed position and it did calm now but I still don't understand why it does this and how it can't harm me. I am really tired right now as well. I'm trying not to overdo things as I'm pregnant and usually by 6pm I am sitting on the settee watching TV so I am getting enough rest. The tiredness is due to pregnancy I know (I think!) but I just wish I could overcome this constant fear of the heartbeat thing. HOW DID I REALLY KNOW THERE ISN'T ANYTHING WRONG WITH ME???????????:(
    I cancelled my appointment with my counsellor on Thursday as I really couldn't see the point in going to see him. I know that sounds bad, but I don't think he is helping me and I feel bad about asking to change to someone else. I am sure I need proper CBT but I'm not sure if this is what he does or not, because he doesn't give me advice or things to try to do differently. I asked him about help with changing my thought process and he just said thats down to me!!?? I keep meaning to ring NO PANIC. I spoke to them a couple of years ago before I found this site and they seemed very good but really I need to join to try to benefit fully. I am getting despondent now because I keep reading about people who are getting over their anxieties and mine are still here. I know I am also worried about the birth of my baby, because of the caesarean and I'm scared something will happen to me....

Sorry to have gone on so long again,
    Love, Linda.xxx

Hi Linda

I also have strange heartbeats.I remember being really upset and anxious one day in the Drs surgery ans i could feel my heart pounding,but it felt as if it was actually jmping about from the middle of chest to underneath my left breast!Then it was give a thump and it felt like it stopped beating for a second or two and then start this erratic jumping again,it was really frightening.Is this ectopic beats?

I had a caesarean with my son and was a nervous wreck about something happening to me,but it really was fine.They are used to people being very nervous and they will prob chat to you all the way through to put you at ease.When is your baby due?

Hunny x

Hi Lin, So sorry you are feeling so bad but I am sure this missed beat is common amongst anxiety sufferers and symptoms do seem to change from time to time. Getting better from anxiety is a long long process so I wouldn’t really worry about that. I am lots better than I was 2 years ago but I think the anxiety is always there we just learn to cope better with it in time? I have really had a pretty good life when I look at different peoples problems in the world and I think that other people are a lot worst off than me keeps me feeling just a bit better. You are scared of the caesarean, which is 100% normal and more for us with high levels of anxiety. I had eye surgery a few months back after cancelling for years I had nothing to lose from the surgery as my worst eye was totally blind and been registered blind for about 8 years. I was 100% convinced that I would die if I had the surgery, not from the surgery but of heart attack from the fear I felt so strong. But it all went fine and I now have much better sight and am able to watch TV and do lots I have missed out on for so long. You will be fine and when your new baby comes along that’s one less thing you will have to worry about. Hope you feel better soon and take care, Vernon

hi Linda,

Sorry to hear how you're feeling. The heart beating fast is very normal but it can be scary. It sounds like you really need to speak to your counsellor. If he/she isn't helping you then something needs to be changed. Do sign up with No Panic as they are good. You can also ring their support line when you need to. Hang in there..

Sarah

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Linda

Sorry you are having a hard time at the moment.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I cancelled my appointment with my counsellor on Thursday as I really couldn't see the point in going to see him. I know that sounds bad, but I don't think he is helping me and I feel bad about asking to change to someone else. I am sure I need proper CBT but I'm not sure if this is what he does or not, because he doesn't give me advice or things to try to do differently. I asked him about help with changing my thought process and he just said thats down to me!!??<div align="right">Originally posted by linjane - 10 September 2005 : 07:55:08</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I don't think you have any reason to feel bad about cancelling the appointment with him. From what you describe it doesn't sound anything like CBT or solution focused therapy to me because this certainly would involve helping you develop ways of changing thought patterns.

The No Panic CBT course could be a good idea for you, or if not you could go back to your doctor and ask for a referral specifically for CBT or solution focused therapy.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Linjane,

The heart symptoms are scary aren't they. Earlier my pulse was 96 for no obvious reason other than I feel edgy. I know how scary it can feel.
    You do need CBT and it doesn't sound like your counsellor is giving you that. CBT really helps with thoughts, although it still takes alot of hard work.
    Don't feel dispondant, there is no time limit to get over this, some people get over it in months and some take many more years than you, there is no right or wrong, we're all different.
    Hang in there,
    Love Lisa x

Hi Lin,

I have signed up for the NoPanic cbt course (did you miss my week of saying it in every post lol) and I'm on the waiting list - you never know if you join soon we may end up on the same group.

My palpitations are what bought me to the site in the first place and you and the other Linda were among the first people I talked to in the posts.

My other issues are dealing with panic attacks and health anxiety which I'm hoping they may be able to help me with.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
    "Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Hi,
    Thanks for the replies.

Today didn't start off too bad, but as the day wore on the missed beats and flutterings came back and they scared me again. We went to my nephews 5th birthday party after work, in Telford, (we live in Wolverhampton) and I even had them there. I am soooo tired and irritable all the time and not sure anymore if its the pregnancy or anxiety causing it.

I really need all of your help to get through this right now because I'm right back to square one where it is really scaring me again.

Thanks for listening.
    Love, Linda.x

Hi Linda,
    I really feel for you, I know how hard it can be to accept symptoms.
    I'm sorry I can't be more help but I am thinking of you.
    Hang in there,
    Lisa x

Hi Linda,

Im pretty much the same as LJ in my reply to you. All we can do is try to reassure you that the missed beats are fine. As im sure they are. Thing is the more your anxious the more they will be noticed. Try to relax and look forward to the baby.

You know where I am if want a chat.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information