Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: postural orthostatic hypotension

postural orthostatic hypotension

the doc say i am having imbalance of ear, but i think i have postural orthosatic hypotension, does it make sense? becos my symptoms happens every morning (these 4 days morning), the moment i wake up , i feel dizzy. i can't stand, anybody got any idea abt postural orthostatic hypotesnion, will i ever or can it be cured? any medication. doc gave me cinnarizine. it cause my dizziness worse this morning. pls help me.

Re: postural orthostatic hypotension

can it be that : not drinking enough fluids causing me to have this postural orthostatic hypotension, becos i remember i drink less and add lots of donuts and spicy food and forgot to drink water for 2 days. could that be the reason, and my face is always warm.

Alba

What is postural orthosatic hypotension? I have never heard of it.

Lisa

Ihave replied to your other post again Alba.You need to trust you DRs knowlede and take the medications he has perscribed.You also need to read through your posts regarding what food you are eating, You have been given some very good advice over a period of weeks .But you dont seem to be trying to help yourself very much.I dont understand how you can forget to drink water if its hot and you feel warm...? You wont feel well if you are dehydrated . Take better care of yourself .Sue

Quote Originally Posted by alba View Post
    can it be that : not drinking enough fluids causing me to have this postural orthostatic hypotension, becos i remember i drink less and add lots of donuts and spicy food and forgot to drink water for 2 days. could that be the reason, and my face is always warm.
    WHAT!??? You forget to drink water and replace it with dough nuts and spicy foods? Are you being serious here because for someone who is so concerned over their health to forget something as basic as to drink water for two days is a tad brow raising!!

Lisa

Yes i forget becos i went holiday and becos i am too stress of myslef, i went overboard, i am crazy, stress, i went holiday and ate dougnuts and enjoyed on that spicy food but it is only 2 days, i thought no harm done, i told myslef i let myslef free for 2 days, becos i am so tired of sickness, stress, panic attack , anxiety, dizzy, so that 2 days i just tried to really enjoyed myself, and i not that forgot to drink water but i got so much food to eat and drink coffee so i got no space for drnking water and i thought 2 days is ok, i start drinking next day, never i know it is happeining to me on Monday morning that hsock me badly. i am confused, now i am so scared to wake up tomorrow morning, i hope i won't have that diziness feeling,

Alba you dont seem to be taking your replies very seriously.You have been advised not to drink coffe ,as it makes anxiety worse,Yet you continue to drink it.You really need to acknowledge that you need to adapt a healthy eating regime to aid your recovery,Otherwise you wont get better...I hope you enjoyed your holiday.. Sue x

Alba

Did you feel dizzy when you were on holiday whilst eating the spicy foods and dough nuts? Or did you feel better whilst on holiday?

Lisa

Hi,
    I sometimes get Postural orthostatic hypotension because of my heart meds. it's a sudden drop in blood pressure when you suddenly stand up or have been standing for a very long time,one of the reasons why soldiers feint when on parade.To test whether you have this your Doc. would probably have taken your blood pressure while laying down or sitting then again when you stand up to see if your BP drops or rises.Drinking a glass of water before getting out of bed tends to help.
    Has the Cinerazine helped ? if it has then it's most likely not postural orthostatic hypotension but more probably an ear balance problem, if it's not helping you should see your Doc.again and let him/her know.

Decca.

maybe it is not the postural,maybe i am having ear imbalance, any cure?
    i took cinnarize few night ago, but the next monring when i wake up i feel so so drowsy giddy worst and dizzy, so i stop taking that, i am taking proponolol now 10mg 3 tims a day. i want to get better but it's not getting better at all. shold i continue with cinnzarize? i think maybe not postural thing, becos my bp been up always. today i wake up late 8am i don't feel much dizziness, i can stand. i drank alot of water yesterday night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information