Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously can anxiety really make you feel this bad?!

Seriously can anxiety really make you feel this bad?!

I have said before on this forum about how I am convinced I have MS because of what happened a few years ago when I had a couple of times where parts of me went numb and when my vision went double for a few weeks. I saw my doctor and an optician and they told me nothing to worry about.

Then I have all the weird feelings over the last few years, tingling, burning sensations, etc.

I was doing ok but then last night my finger and thumb started tingling again and I am convinced it is MS.

The way I see it is I only saw the doctor and optician, no one higher then them so they could so easily have missed it.

I actually just have this feeling I do have MS, in fact I'm almost sure I do.

Can anxiety really make you so convinced of something?

Thanks in advance for any replies x

Re: Seriously can anxiety really make you feel this bad?!

Bump

Anyone?

Tingling is anxiety too - have a read of the symptoms page on the left.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes cassy , anxiety can make you convinced about just about anything. its trying to convince you it is evidence of something, when in actual fact it is only evidence of tingling, not the reason behind it...

I have had too many weird things happen over the years to mention, but they were all due to anxiety......

you have sought the advice of an optician and a doctor, if they were in least bit concerned they wold have refered you on to someone...

The more you concentrate on the symptom, the worse it seems to come...

P x

Thanks Nicola I know tingling is a symptom of anxiety but its so hard to not panic :(

Pollyanna what sort of weird things have you had over the years can I ask?
    I do agree the more I concentrate on it the worse it becomes.

I hate anxiety with a passion. I'm only 19 I just want my life back before I was like this :(

cassy, I understand you're worried about this but I get them too, I get tingling in my legs, arms and even face, I also get twitches too. It's all related to anxiety because it's the nervous system reacting to how you're feeling, stress is a big contributer to it and if you're anxious you're feeling stressed too.

I've learn't to try and never self diagnose myself because I think if I continued to do that I'd diagnose myself with every illness there is with all the symtoms I get ! I mean the other I got a rash on my elbow and I would have fretted about it in the past but I just accepted it was heat rash and it's gone now.

I hope you feel better soon,
    Take Care.

Thanks Deepestblue, I had this tingling for a week and then it went away but came back last night. I was feeling quite anxious yesterday though.

In the past I have self-diagnosed myself with cancer of a few different kinds, brain tumour, Motor neurones disease and a few others!

It's just this scare feels even more the real because of what happened with my eye sight. It just suddenly went double out of the blue and then slowly went away after a few weeks. And then I read that with MS you can go without symptoms for a few years and then it suddenly comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by cassy1989 View Post

In the past I have self-diagnosed myself with cancer of a few different kinds, brain tumour, Motor neurones disease and a few others!

I've done the same, I was convinced that I had either a heart problem, brain tumor or CJD because of all the symptoms I was "feeling". Nobody could convince me that I was OK, not even my GP because once it was in my head that I thought I had something wrong I truely believed it and nothing was going to change that.

I think the way I managed to break out of this habbit of thinking was one day I thought about it with some actual logic that these so called illnesses (although it happens) are still VERY rare and that you would have to be very unlucky to contract or develop something fatal, I think I read the chances of getting say CJD was so rare that you'd win the lottery twice before you get that, so this type of logical thinking made me feel a bit better. Yes it does happen but really, look at how many people you know and know of (either in real life or otherwise) who has a fatal illness and I bet it isn't that many if at all so then you must start to therefore think "why me then?"

I hope this helps a bit.

Take Care

Thank you I know I need to think logically it is just so hard as I'm sure everyone else knows! x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information