Hi everyone, im here to hopfully offer some help to others. I thought it might help to explain myself a little...

I had a breakdown and was diagnosed with depression at 17, i was suffering mild panic attacks too, but i was 19 when my anxiety really started. I was diagnosed with severe anxiety one week before my 21st birthday.At that time i was taking betablockers, valium, antidepressents and having 3 panick attacks a day.

Like most people i was sent to psychologists, counciling and passed around doctors. Often getting told to 'pull yourself together' and swapping drug treatments, by my own research i began to realised i had Social Anxiety.

My SA was so evasive i even used to hide from the window cleaner, never answering the telephone, the door and eventually not leaving the house alone.(not even to put the wheely bin out)

on and off i managed to keep in education, it was terribly hard and i was crying at night , just knowing that i had to go in the next day. I kept my illness quiet, only telling those who i had too. But i knew deep down i was only surving and not actually living.

My GP was out of her depth and i was refered to a psychatrist, ive never looked back since. Although they only delt with the drugs, it allowed me to keep determined and continually expose myself to what i feared most.

That year i graduated university with a first class honours degree, and i year later i am now well enough to start looking for work.

My life isnt wonderfully rosey, i take large amounts of drugs and still have panic attacks - but i am persistant in my belief that i will not suffer from anxiety, just live with it instead.

i belive people who have anxiety, are some of the most brave people you could ever meet.

I will gladly help anyone who needs to talk!

Best Wishes,
Selina xXx

I know what is around the corner, i just dont know where the corner is.