Thread: O.C.D worries about germs

O.C.D worries about germs

Hi all, im having a really bad time of it right now. I can't stop washing my hands its getting so bad i have loads of cuts on them from scrubbing so hard. I see germs everywhere and they make me think i have to wash everything or i'll get seriously ill, i can't even eat prop cos im worried germs are on the food or plates. I can't sleep cos these thoughts go round and round in my mind. I worry when anyone gose out from the house incase they bring germs into the house, i got so bad i was going to get some face masks so i didnt breath in any germs. what can i do? I dont know how to cope with this its all getting to much. I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing me pled for them to wash there hands and dont do this or that. Any advice anyone? Please. thanks.
    turned back upon the past?

Re: O.C.D worries about germs

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you so much. x
    turned back upon the past?

i have the same exact problem, i suffer from OCD and my hands are alweys red and cracked because i wash my hands so much, im afraid of germs myself. at one point my hands hurt so bad and would bleed because i scrubbed them so much, i have good weaks and bad weaks. the only thing i can tell you is that eventually you have to let it go because living in fear is not living at all.

i really dont have a ton of advice seeing as i still do this myself. all i can say is that eventually it will get better and there are medicines for people with OCD, just try and stay positive and not think the worst, you will be ok, go and live your life. i hope you the best.

hi,
    my daughter suffers from hand washing, at length and often every day.....my only tip, to help with the sre hands is anti bac gel.......for some reason, since using this her hands are not cracked....we have tried all the creams on the market and nothing has worked like the ani bac gel....she washes her hands, then anti bacs them, and after some time she now just anti bacs...and washes less.....
    hope that helps, i know how painful your hands are

Fran x

Thread Information